How to be godly with a sniper... tutorial
2013-08-21, 09:14 AM
RE: How to be godly with a sniper... tutorial
I would prefer more opaque outside the scope and I don't like the double vertical line.
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2013-08-21, 04:21 PM
I will do some work with gimp friday, and try to make a good scope by taking all the ideas from this thread.

Still alive in 2021. Wish you all the best and I'll drop in every now and again.
2013-08-22, 08:38 PM
First of, Im a "Godly" Sniper.

Secondly, Im Godly with Photoshop AND Paint.net , i would like to modify the Scope .PNG as someone has mentioned but im not sure how to go about it, make a tutorial , I know about transparency and so forth and can manage to Modify the scope image once i open it in PS but where would the final result go? take some screen shots and make a walk through please!!!!!!
2013-08-23, 04:11 PM
what do you mean by where it would go? the scope.png file? if so, its in packages/misc/

[Image: cooltext1203588761_zps9cfa0053.gif]
2013-08-25, 02:30 AM
Ok I edited my tutorial a bit...

[Image: name_zps459dc421.gif]
[Image: cooltext1206791925_zps58ab60b5.gif]

"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off." - Bjarne Stroustrup
2013-08-25, 09:57 AM
Thank you Mossberg. I completely forgot about the outer ring you can put in. I shall make a scope reticle that doesn't have the ring nor dot for ease of use and implementation.

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2013-08-25, 06:49 PM
Be careful: in AC, blanking the scope image is considered cheating and is prohibited.

In ACR's master-server, everything that does "provide any advantage ... over another client" or "otherwise interfere with other clients’ gameplay" is considered cheating. But if you are pro enough with snipers, this doesn't help you that much.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2013-08-25, 09:00 PM
That won't matter much once we use blurred peripheral vision scopes in all our clients like the one DeltaStrikeOp made.... Then there will be no advantage.

[Image: name_zps459dc421.gif]
[Image: cooltext1206791925_zps58ab60b5.gif]

"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off." - Bjarne Stroustrup
2013-08-25, 09:05 PM
Well, not really no advantage. We just have slightly more situational awareness.

I'm still looking into how to create a "true" blur, but for now, it seems that it must be coded into the engine for it to work. You can only "gray" out so much until it will become almost black and we're back to square one.

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2013-08-25, 09:54 PM
You can create a blur that is just a mix of levels of transparent black/grey/white. This will actually look surprisingly good in most situations. I haven't made a good one yet for that, but maybe I'll put some time into it later in the week and get that made.