Poll: Should the chatbox be on every page?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No, it should only be on the homepage.
52.94%
9 52.94%
Yes, it should be readily available.
47.06%
8 47.06%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Chatbox for ACR forum
2013-06-16, 10:30 AM (This post was last modified: 2013-06-16, 03:31 PM by Sorunome.)
RE: Chatbox for ACR forum
As long as you guys can use costume php scripts on the server and have a mysql db over normal http access you can run it, you just can't hook it up to real irc then Smile

EDIT: so it should work as the forum needs that stuff too
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2013-06-16, 06:01 PM
Well, it would be better to have IRC integration. Can a JavaScript browser access IRC?

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2013-06-16, 07:13 PM
i think it says here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IRC/Tutorial

[Image: cooltext1203588761_zps9cfa0053.gif]
2013-06-17, 04:15 AM
The problem with connecting to irc without a server-side program is that webbrowsers block out port 6667 (irc port) due to security reasons (already tried, lol)
All those websites there listed also use a serverside program which is always running.
but didn't ruler501 say he had a server where he could host stuff? And if not and you absolutley want irc and you can access the mysqldb from your guys externally then i would be ok with running the irc bridge only on my small server.
2013-06-17, 08:50 AM
I have a server with ssh access and python running!

The C Programming Language: combines the flexibility of assembly language with the power of assembly language.
2013-06-17, 09:30 AM
If you are willing to use it, we would need a webservice like apache or nginx, then we'd need php5-cgi, normal php5 and mysql (python is only needed for a posting-bot)
and it would require a url like chat.forum.acr.victorz.ca to point to your server otherwise many browsers would make it not work due to security issues.
2013-06-17, 09:32 AM
apache, cgi, php5, mysql, python - got all that, and adding an url is not to hard i hink

The C Programming Language: combines the flexibility of assembly language with the power of assembly language.
2013-06-17, 01:36 PM
now all we need is a official permission of victor - access to your server - access to the server where the forum is hosted on and some time Smile
2013-06-17, 04:00 PM
Great to see this is working. I hope victor gives you the access. Omnom(the chatbox name) would be great to see on this site.
2013-06-17, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 2013-06-17, 04:44 PM by Victor.)
Is it possible to tell me the installation instructions? Granting access to the web files isn't that easy. I have to add you as a project member on SourceForge. Also, you might need to edit some templates, which are in the admin panel.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)