DMR/"Combat Engineering" mode
2013-04-26, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 2013-04-27, 10:23 PM by DeltaStrikeOp.)
DMR/"Combat Engineering" mode
Hi guys. Sorry ruler501, BSODed in the middle of that match.

So I was thinking of adding a mode to ACR called DMR (designated marksman rifle, the R to avoid confusion with DeathMatch). This mode would have only the M21 & possibly the M16A4/Mk.12 SPR that Padge1 is in the process of making.

The DMR mode is realistic and is based on Designated Marksman (DM) combat. Designated Marksmen carry semiautomatic rifles outfitted with high power optics. Their main job is to assist the main squad and take out targets that are generally unreachable by common rifles w/o a high power optic. In this mode, the 2 teams consist of Designated Marksmen that choose either the M21/Mk14 or the M16A4/SPR as their main weapon (both semiautomatic and scoped). The M21 would have higher damage and recoil compared the the M16A4, as the M16A4 fires the smaller 5.56x45mm NATO round and ergonomics of the M16 are very friendly. The recoil of the M16A4 would be similar to the M16A3's recoil, unless you developers think that it would be too OP to have a DMR with low recoil (but also lower damage than the other Sniper Rifles). The M16A4/SPR would also have damage (and possibly recoil) that's between the M16A3 and the AK-47/M21 (not sure which is more powerful). Hipfire accuracy would be worse than the M16A3, as Optics severely impede accuracy in CQB.

Victor also suggested to add the M1014 to the gamemode, since it is barely used in gameplay. To add the M1014 should be interesting, but it would be pure hell trying to find a good name for the game mode. "CQB" generally applies to combat within 50 meters, and DMR (Designated Marksman Rifles) are meant to reach out to 200 - 700 meters (IRL). Also, in CQB, you aren't limited in weapon selection, therefore I think this mode should just be called DMR. This should be a mutator and every game style (CTF, TDM, DM) is able to have this mutator, similar to "Sniper", in which the only primaries are the M82 and the Intervention. However, this is your guys' game, and this is only a suggestion.

Thanks for reading! Hope this gets implemented!

BTW, I really think the M21 should have a higher magazine capacity. In order to make this mode fair, the M21 should have a 20 round clip, while the M16A4/SPR would have a 30 round clip.

EDIT: If the M1014 were to be added to the game mode, then the name would be called Combat Engineering. See post #3

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2013-04-27, 02:21 PM
RE: DMR mode
I think that 20 rounds for the m21 might make it a little too powerful(I could squeeze off 20 rounds real quick in semi auto).
I think this is a good idea, but I would prefer there be more guns than just those two. I like the idea of adding the shotgun in, but I agree that it makes naming difficult.
2013-04-27, 10:19 PM
RE: DMR mode
About the part of more guns. I agree too. Maybe the M1014 should be added. in this case, maybe the game mode should be called "Combat Engineering". This would be a valid name since combat does require Combat Engineers to perform a variety of tasks regular infantry isn't tasked to do. The M21/Mk. 12 SPR would be the preferred weapon of choice since they aren't meant for direct combat, and the M1014 is used for house to house CQB.

Hm.. i see what you mean by the m21 being able to spray (RPM is EPIC!), however, this is balanced because of the recoil and accuracy both in hipfire and ADS mode. This is one of the reasons why I was kinda against the M82 being added. We all know that now the "sniping" mutator is basically just spraying and praying every corner with a very powerful semiautomatic M82. Barely anybody uses the Intervention now the tradeoffs aren't enough to switch to bolt action (Semiautomatic is tactical, bolt action is for precision.)

Increasing the M21's magazine capacity to 20 would make CQB easier, which really helps the M21 since it has lower damage compared to the other Dedicated Bolt Action Sniper Rifles. This would also help balance the M21 if the Mk. 12 SPR is added.

Suggestion for Mk. 12 SPR specs:
-Semiautomatic
-Damage between M16A3 and the AK-47/M21 (whichever one is more powerful)
-Recoil between the M16A3 and the AK-47/M21
-30 round magazine capacity
-hipfire accuracy almost as low as the M21
-Recoil slightly higher than the M16A3 on semi

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"