New weapons (or basically new skins haha)
2013-03-03, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 2013-03-03, 01:52 PM by DeltaStrikeOp.)
New weapons (or basically new skins haha)
So, Victor and Padge1 asked the community what new "weapons" should be in the game. Im thinking about BLUFOR (modern) weapons (we don't wanna become a game like Medal of Honor 2010 and get criticized for including the Taliban faction, do we?), but here's what's on my mind:

BLUFOR

- M-16 piston variant (HK416, LWRC M6, ADCOR BEAR)
The current M16 is a very nice rifle. In fact, in most cases, it fits the bill for MOUT/CQB operations. However, times have changed, and more and more Counter Terrorism factions have switched to Piston action weapons. It's mainly a hype: It's cleaner than the regular M16's Gas impingement, but it's also slightly heavier and complex. I'd put a HK416 skin if you'd like just because it's easier to recognize that it's a Piston rifle (the piston action creates a noticeable "hump" on the top picattiny rail on the RIS). Also, the side of the M16 shouldn't have the ejection port cover nor the forward assist. It's probably because of symmetry and simplicity, but that's my 2 cents. Put the old M16's specs on it and maybe tweak the RoF/Damage to compensate.

- MP7
The current MP5 is a nice SMG. It is accurate and the 9mm Parabellum round it fires is plentiful. However, it has decreased armor penetration capabilities compared to a rifle round. The MP7 is a nice bridge between the power of a rifle round like the 5.56 NATO and the 9mm Parabellum. The 4.7x30 mm round is capable of piercing armor, and the MP7 is very compact. It's a modern Machine Pistol/SMG for MOUT/CQB. Stick the MP5's specs on it and tweak the RoF/Damage to compensate.

- Keep the M21, maybe add a 20 round clip to mirror modern clip size. This or look at the SCAR-H below and slap on the M21's specs.

- Instead of the Intervention or M82, I think you should put the DTA Stealth Recon Scout. It is supposed to be a sub-MOA weapon that is compact yet accurate and very lethal. It is as compact as a M4, and not as heavy as the Intervention or M82. And in MOUT/CQB, you would not be using an Intervention or M82. It is also bolt action, so stick the specs of the Intervention in a DTA Stealth Recon Scout skin.

- Better USP model
Current USP model.... in the lack of better terms, sucks. The slide is waay too wide, and the hammer looks very small in comparison. Maybe make a Mk 23 skin for the USP? Keep the original specs. That or make a Glock model. It would look sleek, modern, and simple.

- SCAR-H
It would have the AK's specs, albeit with lower RoF (because of recoil), higher hipfire accuracy (i think scoped has 100% accuracy), and higher damage compared to the AK.

- Keep the M1014. That or have a black saiga model with higher spread to make it look modern.

Thank you all for reading this. I'm in California, but I get my share of firearms to have fun with. Have fun Padge1!

DSO

Oh, I forgot to put this.

We could take out the M16 entirely and put in the SCAR-L. It isn't being acquired by SOCOM anymore, but it's a nice skin for the M16's specs.

And if we were to switch the M21, if we put the SCAR-L in for the M16, maybe we can put a PSG1/G3 skin.

Also, i completely forgot about the RPG-7. Maybe add the SMAW? It's I think the only reloadable explosive weapon NATO has. That or a M320/EGLM that has the same specs as the RPG-7, and has "rocket rounds" (made up.. I think)

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2013-03-03, 04:12 PM
RE: New weapons (or basically new skins haha)
I Think The Assault Rifle Should Be An XM8 Carbine With Black Camo. There's A Model On This Website(It's Not Black But That's Why We Have PhotoShop),
http://rn-acostum.weebly.com/

Just Make The Scope Transparant With A Red Dot or Something Along Those Lines.
___
I Think The SMG Should Still Remain An MP5, Just With A Better Model. And With A Light Sound
___
The Shotgun Should Be A Benelli M3 Pump, With The Same Attributes As The Current Shotgun, Just With A Pump Animation.
___
The M21 Should Be A PSG1 or Scout Tactical. I Believe There Is A Model On The Link Above
___
The Intervention Should Be.....IDK
___
The AK47 Should Still Be An AK47, Just With Better Model & Skin
___
I Think The RPG Should Be Replaced With A Military AT4.

ALSO: Is It Possible To Add Flash/Smoke Grenades?

-Good Hunting-
2013-03-03, 05:11 PM
Eh, the XM8 was plagued with problems. And there's a meme about how the XM8 looks like a fish. One of the more fatal problems was the heat resistance of the polymers.

The MP5 is a really nice weapon. Its just that this is a new weapons thread. A MP7 skin would be more tacticool.

A pump shotgun is slow in CQB. There's a reason why they invented semi-auto shotguns, and that's to have more lead downrange.

IMO, the Intervention should be cut out and instead replaced by a DTA Stealth Recon Scout b/c it is bolt action so we can use the same code.

The AK is old fashioned. To have a more modern game, we should have a 7.62 NATO slinger, like the SCAR-H or even an ACR in 6.8mm remington (even though i hate CoD)

The AT4 is a single use weapon. The tradeoff with using the AT4 skin is that it would make the RPG a one use weapon, which is kinda dumb IMO b/c at least we can reload the RPG.

I think there was a thread about diff. grenades. The cube engine doesn't handle smoke well.

DSO

PS. Your link is in a foreign language. perhaps you can clarify it for me?

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2013-03-03, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 2013-03-03, 08:43 PM by D-Mar.)
Agree With You About The XM8. I'm Not Really A Person For An MP7, Just Not Me. UMP or Something Like That Would Do The Trick (But It's Not About Me Anyway)

But I Also Think The Game Should Still Have The Feel of A Classic FPS, With A Lot of Modern Enhancements. So I Dont Want Nothing Like M4 Holo-Sight w/M203 Grenade Launcher xD Even Though It Would Be Pretty Cool, But A Bit Overkill.

So With This Said. I Honestly Think The RPG/Anti-Tank Weapon Should Be Taken Out of The Game Completly & Replaced With Something Like Claymore Mines, or Something Along Those Lines. Because An Anti-Tank Weapon Is Slightly OverKill Despite Its Attributes.

Will Get Back With You On This Subject Tommorow When I Get Home From School. Until Then I Will Think of Some More Clever Ideas.

For The Link: Oh And By Clarify Do You Mean Translate? Because If You Want To Do That Just Use BING Translate.

-Good Hunting-
2013-03-03, 10:54 PM (This post was last modified: 2013-04-23, 09:22 AM by DeltaStrikeOp.)
haha, I agree with you on the M4 with a bazillion accessories. It is pretty heavy with all of those clipped to your weapon. In MOUT/CQB, your reflexes will make or break you. Why burden yourself with a GL?

About the Claymores. IRL, they are command detonated. There are tripwire versions but certainly not laser ones. Laser claymores are a liability; the laser is very finicky, and one leaf that gets in the way of a laser will blow the deployer to swiss cheese heaven. Also, this thread was about skins for the current weapons. Padge1 is a modeler and he was asking around for some ideas. So we shouldn't create any new code. An AT weapon in MOUT/CQB is kinda stupid. They fire HEAT rounds, and they're designed for Armor Piercing, not Antipersonnel. This is why i was saying we should have a 40mm GL that has no arc, because in real life, at ACR distances, there is no arc, and you can use the 40mm grenade like a slug. Imagine rounding a corner and having a 40 mike mike round slam into your gut. Ouch.

Yeah, I got school too. I'll check this thread when im in computer class.

Uh, the link is kinda confusing. Also, i looked at his skins. The SCAR skins are actually a ACR (the remington one) skin.

DSO

Oh, and about the MP7/new SMG talk. Heck, since we're on to less common weapons, how about the Kriss Super V? Although i haven't heard of any BLUFOR using it.

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2013-03-04, 04:01 PM
In ACR, we still can't do attachments (yet).

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2013-03-04, 08:46 PM
Er, Victor, what's your take on putting a Standalone Grenade Launcher in place of the RPG? The code would stay the same, but it would look more modern. I dunno, that or the SMAW or Carl Gustav weapon systems. Although I think most people know the SMAW more. The RPG just looks.... old, outdated, and i personally wouldn't expect it in a modern game

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2013-03-05, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 2013-03-05, 02:16 PM by Padge1.)
YESSSS!!! ive been waiting for a thread like this!! i agree totally with everything here. the attachment system would be good but ten you have to take into account more scripting and to some extent maybe even a new engine, and time wise for most of us that just isnt possible :/ i can make weapons with attachments although for the likes of red dots and stuff im not sure if the quake engine can make use of transparency through .png files, ill have to test it, i am a big fan of the standalone m203. kriss v is becoming over used nowadys, it is a great weapon though. im currently starting a usp model for a pistol replacement, ill keep you lot posted.

oh and on a side note, i was just accepted into unversity over here in scotland for computer animation Smile so i should have more free time for this stuff when i move up to paisley. im thinking about remaking hand models? and working out some form of more interesting animation within milkshape, not sure how to go around this tho :L it also means remaking all the previous weapons :/ allot of time in other words.
2013-03-05, 08:58 PM
=D
Glad you like it Padge1! Congrats on getting in to college!
Haha, yeah, look through D-Mar and my posts and pick some weapons to model! I'm personally looking forward to a new pistol and maybe elimination of the AK for a Mk-17 (SCAR-H).

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2013-03-06, 07:00 AM (This post was last modified: 2013-03-06, 07:10 AM by Padge1.)
yeah man Smile scars are becoming over-rated too nowadays :/ i had a scar model lying around, it was accually one of my first although i accidentally deleted it, i have an older version but it could use some work, might aswell make another :L instead of the xm8 (one of my favourite weapons, for the fact it isnt used enough) how about a g36c? also, for something slightly different how about the g36 sniper model to replace the bolt action cheytac?

the H&K sl8, its a semi auto rifle, so it would replace the m21 :/