Removing Crossbow
2012-04-13, 06:31 PM
Removing Crossbow
The crossbow will be removed. What should it be replaced with?

A hitscan RPG, where the maximum ammo is 2?

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2012-04-13, 07:25 PM
RE: Removing Crossbow
I think you could replace it with a AK-47.

Still alive in 2021. Wish you all the best and I'll drop in every now and again.
2012-04-13, 07:50 PM
The crossbow is already prepared for an "explosive" weapon...

I can only think of an RPG with low ammo, or maybe a grenade launcher (just kidding)

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2012-04-14, 05:02 AM
Well, even if I think rocketlaunchers and similar stuff would be cool, I don't know if it won't break the balance or remove the semi-realistic theme.
Or do you think of a rocketlauncher unlike Quake with just a few shots?
2012-04-14, 06:36 AM
why removing crossbow when there is no better weapon for explosions ?
I think a rocketlauncher woud kill the whole game.
maybe you can replace it with symtex granades?
there should be 2 symtex granades which will stick on walls or players.

because when there is something like symtex or crossbow the enemys have enough time to kill the player who uses the weapon, but when there is a rocket launcher it will kill the enemys with a big explosion, there is no time to kill the rocket user and you can use the rockets instead of the intervention.

in my opinion its better to keep the crossbow in game because its just stupid to use granades for P-Weapon and its unfair and nooby when there is a rocketlauncher.
2012-04-14, 06:46 AM
I doubt we are in need of explosive weapons. Some classical weapons like AK-47, M4A4 or anything similar might fit better (even if it would be harder to code because the code is prepared for explosives)
2012-04-14, 08:06 AM
It's easy to replace the crossbow with an instant explosive weapon. Otherwise, I would have to copy and re-adapt the assault rifle code.

Maybe a rocket launcher that has low damage?

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
2012-04-14, 09:38 AM
I think rocket launcher with lower damage = unrealistic shotter like red eclipse.
it would be the best if you replace it with a AssaultRifle... AK47, SCAR- L/H, ACR.
something like this.

maybe you can add more weapons and a weapons menu with:

-ARs
-SMGs
-Rifles

something like that and with unlockables.
if you think that unlockables arent good because its easy to hack the level, I have to say that its wayne.
I am lvling so fast and I think I am not the only, so its not too bad if somebody hacks his level to lvl100.
2012-04-14, 05:20 PM
I could disable the crossbow, that might be easier...

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
2012-04-14, 05:21 PM
AK-47 with explosive ammo!

Still alive in 2021. Wish you all the best and I'll drop in every now and again.