2012-04-13, 07:45 AM
RE: New HUD
Ok, finally worked a bit on the HUD again.
The white areas are just positions.
[Image: hudx.png]
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2012-04-13, 02:24 PM
Does it show the enemy flag?
But your concept is good until there are multiple perks.

My updated version
[Image: qxQuz.png]

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2012-04-14, 05:13 AM
I guess multiple perks could be displayed seperated by a slash (/) in the center field.
For the flag stuff, it would all display in the lower left, just like the flag that is already drawn there.

I like your new version more than the previous version, the positions seem to be good, even if it is hard to imagine how it would look ingame.
2012-04-14, 08:40 AM
I think the streek meter is just ugly.
the killstreek information of restcosers HUD is much better.
2012-04-14, 08:58 AM (This post was last modified: 2012-04-14, 08:58 AM by Victor.)
But his does not show the remaining radar time/nuke pending time, nor the number of airstrikes available.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2012-04-14, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 2012-04-14, 11:11 AM by Fubizz.)
okay there is a small field over the health bar.
there you can make 11 little rectangles (one above the other) which will be filled with a color and set a little pic of the killstreak you will get next to the rectangle it belongs to.
because not even I know really which killstreak I will get with which number of kills.

7 - Bomber
9 - Live Radar
11- Nuke
? - Drop granade
? - kamikaze drop granade (or whatever it is Big Grin )

it is correct ? Big Grin

I think because killstreaks are yellow and death streaks are red, the rectangles should be filled yellow by killing somebody, and red when you die.
it should be filled from the lowest to the highest rectangle.
the time for Radar, Nuke and bomber information you can put in the little field under the console above votes, or
whereever you want because I dont think that one or two words and countdowns would suck anybody.

This is how I would make it, but I want to know another solutions too, because the killstreak meter now sux :/
you can display the names above the players, so you do not need the names in the HUD anymore and you can place the Killstreak info there. (just an idea which I have already posted in the ideatorrent)
2012-04-14, 10:00 PM
The HUD won't be changed until 2.4.2 or 2.5.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
2012-04-15, 02:08 AM
I think about improving the kill-/deathstreak display on my HUD. When you get fragged often (you have a deathstreak instead of a killstreak), the text would be changed to show "3 deaths in a row".
The available killstreak achievements (like nuke, airstrike.etc) or deathstreak achievements can be displayed right next to the kill-/deathstreak icon and the number, giving the player an overview about killstreaks he can use or he is already using.
2012-05-29, 07:42 PM
looks great guys really loving the new style look keep it up but for me i would like the radar top left side as im used to it in cod but i am playing a bit of battlefield and getting used to it down there so eather way its great
2012-05-30, 05:09 PM
I might move it to the upper-left corner, since it would be less of a change from the original upper-right position.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code: