2012-04-07, 01:21 PM (This post was last modified: 2012-04-07, 01:43 PM by Victor.)
.tk
TL;DR
If dot.tk steals acreloaded.tk, don't worry; we shall operate under another domain.

Please follow @acreloaded on Twitter for further information upon domain switches.

.tk has a bad reputation of stealing free domains. They cannot do the same with paid domains, because it legally belongs to the purchasers.

Just yesterday, I discovered that they stole my victorz.tk domain.

I wrote to them:
I Wrote:I am the free registrant of victorz.tk. It has come to my attention that my domain, victorz.tk, has been suspended without notice. The page now says that “[it has] been suspended because of abuse or copyright reasons”.

My domain, victorz.tk, used to be a personal site. Now, it has been suspended and replaced with an "abuse" page suggesting that some nefarious content had been there.

This is unacceptable. I did not receive any notification or explanation as to why it's happened, nor have I been offered any way to remedy it.

The fact that dot.tk, for no reason other than greed, can go around arbitrarily cancelling domains of users who have invested many hours of their time, all while being led to believe that the domains is, for all intents and purposes, theirs to use forever, is deeply wrong.

Why would you want to destroy our sites? It only makes your reputation look bad, as you are already known for replacing peoples' free domains with parking pages when they get a reasonable amount of traffic.

Abusing your cancellation/suspensions enrages users; this practice is not good on your reputation.

I would like to hear more details for this as I am sure that my domain is not abuse and does not infringe any copyright.

Thank you in advance.

If I purchase myself a domain in the future, I could create a delegation for acr.[victor]., with forum.acr.[victor] and ms.acr.[victor], where [victor] is my own domain.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2012-04-07, 03:33 PM
RE: .tk
So whats the domain to your victorz.tk now?

Still alive in 2021. Wish you all the best and I'll drop in every now and again.
2012-04-07, 03:47 PM (This post was last modified: 2012-04-07, 03:50 PM by Victor.)
In 24-hours, it will be victor1.tk.

I'm thinking to purchase myself a domain under a non-tk ccTLD in the future. The advertising makes the domain literally pays for itself.

If .tk steals acreloaded.tk, check the Twitter account posted above for the new domain. When I get my SLD, I'll migrate [*.]acreloaded.tk to [*.]acr.[victor], just for security.

If acreloaded.tk goes down again, it may not come back. In that event, simply check @@acreloaded on Twitter...

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2012-04-08, 07:30 PM
wow this is unbelieveble. we should just stick with .ca Smile
2012-04-08, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 2012-04-08, 08:06 PM by Victor.)
The new thread is available at https://acrf.victorz.ca/thread-304.html .

It provides more details on the migration.

.tk can't steal our domain now Wink