quickscoping
2011-04-25, 08:26 AM
quickscoping
what about making you able to shoot while zooming in, so you can quickscope like in wm2?
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2011-04-27, 05:25 PM
RE: quickscoping
You can already (sort-of) quick-scope, the spread fades to zero after one second. Therefore you already have half-spread after 500ms.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2011-04-28, 09:55 AM
hmm when i zoom in theres a periode of being unable to shoot, then when you are fully zoomed in you can shoot again. in wm2 you start zooming in, but before you are fully zoomed in (so you actualy see a black skin on the scope) you shoot, that would be awesome, though then the sniper would proly be over used, so the damage should go down, to keep some balance in the game, but i'll leave that to you Tongue
2011-04-28, 04:08 PM (This post was last modified: 2011-04-28, 04:09 PM by Victor.)
You can't shoot unless the scope texture is shown. This is due to a lack of ability to have half-sight shooting animations.

I will try to make it so that the spread lasts a bit longer (have to wait a bit after scoping).

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2011-04-30, 12:47 PM
lol no, you should make it be more acurate faster, when you are half scoped in so you gain the ability to quickscope Big Grin though its your mod, if thats the way you want it, you should do it that way =]
2011-05-01, 11:24 AM
It's easier to use a linear damage drop than a quadratic or square root. However, if I do get the tags working for iron sights, there will be shooting while scoping.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
2011-05-06, 04:13 PM
I found a way to allow quick-scoping without waiting for the scope texture AND have animation-based sights. I will try to make the quick-scoping experience a bit better.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
2011-05-07, 07:38 AM
awesome
2011-05-07, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 2011-05-07, 02:07 PM by Victor.)
Just wait until the next release, it will be very awesome compared to the current version.
Quick-scoping is working, this thread auto-closes in a week.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code: