Server errors
2017-08-08, 05:46 PM
Server errors
On the IRC channel
Quote:with both the version 2.6.3 and the latest dev version, the server fail to register.

With the version 2.6.3, when the game server try to register, the master server return some html code saying there is an error 400

With the dev version, I don't know if the game server send anything to the master server but the server rapidly end on an error, apparently at trying to register. According to the log, The game server failed to load the server info socket.

Here is what is, with the version 2.6.3, both printed in the console and written in the log file :

Quote:C:\Users\nlg\Documents\portables\jeux\acr_02_06_03-w>bin_win32\acr_server.exe -C
config/servercmdline.txt
reading commandline parameters from file 'config/servercmdline.txt'
logging started: console(INFO), file(INFO, "serverlog_20170728_19.57.00_local#28
770.part1.txt"), syslog(DISABLED), timestamp(DISABLED)
logging local ACR server (version 20603, protocol 140/104) now..
read 103 map rotation entries from 'config\asmanel.maprot.cfg'
read 0 admin passwords from 'config\default.serverpwd.cfg'
read 0 (0) blacklist entries from 'config\default.serverblacklist.cfg', 0 errors

read 0 + 0 entries from nickname blacklist file 'config\default.nicknameblacklis
t.cfg', 0 errors
dedicated server started, waiting for clients...
Ctrl-C to exit
sending registration request to master server
looking up ms.acr.victorz.ca...
[52.3.145.250] resolved ms.acr.victorz.ca
masterserver reply: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
masterserver reply: <html><head>
masterserver reply: <title>400 Bad Request</title>
masterserver reply: </head><body>
masterserver reply: <h1>Bad Request</h1>
masterserver reply: <p>Your browser sent a request that this server could not un
derstand.<br />
masterserver reply: </p>
masterserver reply: <hr>
masterserver reply: <address>Apache/2.2.15 (Red Hat) Server at localhost Port 80
</address>
masterserver reply: </body></html>

With the dev version, what is printed in the console and what written in the log file are different

Here is what is printed in the console :

Quote:C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\nlg\developpement\acr-master>bin_win32\acr_server.exe -Cc
onfig/servercmdline.txt

C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\nlg\developpement\acr-master>pause
Appuyez sur une touche pour continuer...

And here is what is written in the log file :

Quote:logging local ACR server (version 20603, protocol 140/104) now..
ERROR: ACR fatal error: could not create server info socket

P.S. : before validate this post, I restarted my server yet an other time but, this time, the error was different :

Here is what was printed in the console :
Quote:C:\Users\nlg\Documents\portables\jeux\acr_02_06_03-w>bin_win32\acr_server.exe -C
config/servercmdline.txt
reading commandline parameters from file 'config/servercmdline.txt'
logging started: console(INFO), file(INFO, "serverlog_20170809_02.22.00_local#28
770.part1.txt"), syslog(DISABLED), timestamp(DISABLED)
logging local ACR server (version 20603, protocol 140/104) now..
ERROR: ACR fatal error: could not create server info socket

C:\Users\nlg\Documents\portables\jeux\acr_02_06_03-w>pause
Appuyez sur une touche pour continuer...

And what is written the log file is what also is written in the dev version log file.

Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2017-08-08, 06:27 PM
RE: Server errors
"ERROR: ACR fatal error: could not create server info socket" happens if you run two servers at the same time.

Did the other server shut down cleanly?

I recommend trying a different server port (default is 28770). If you get the same error with different ports, that would mean there's a problem with the development version.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2017-08-09, 09:28 AM
Yesterday, after you replied on IRC, I retried with both versions :

With the version 2.6.3, there again was the error 400 (I know now it's normal)

With the dev version, it seemed to work even if there visibly was a glitch. the output to the log apparently work like in the version 2.6.3 but almost nothing is printed in the console. Only this appears :

Quote:C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\nlg\developpement\acr-master>bin_win32\acr_server.exe -Cc
onfig/servercmdline.txt

It make harder to determine if the the server crashed, even at checking the logs (before, most time, switching to the server window was enough)

Today, it seemed my server crashed (I can't be sure it actually crashed). I tried to restart it the way I always did after a crash but it failed. There was again the error messages of the first tries

It appeared the problem was close the console window wasn't longer to stop the server (it definitely is a game problem, I didn't change my computer) and I needed to kill the server process with the task manager. After a second supposed crash, during the afternoon, I though "maybe the server need now to properly stopped, with Ctrl+c" and I tried it, but it did nothing (And I needed to use a second time the task manager to kill the server process).

This definitely is a serious bug. needing to reboot the computer or use a system tool to stop the server is a bad thing.

2017-08-10, 09:08 PM
It seems like stdout isn't working correctly, possibly due to (or at least related to) commit 1aed70d4.

If v2.6.3 was working (and you compiled the code at the version), can you git bisect to find the commit that broke it?

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)