BOTS Seriously Broken
2016-09-21, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 2016-09-21, 02:47 PM by SayQwerty.)
Sad  BOTS Seriously Broken
Hi all, I came across this game a few weeks ago and noticed for a 65 MB FPS game and found it is EXTREMELY well designed. (These developers were looking out for those with limited Hard Drive space.)

Today though, I noticed some weird issues with the bots. (I joined an empty map, Selected deathmatch), Put in my BOT configurations, then suddenly in the Kill feed I started noticing This message popping up for both my team and the enemy team:

BOT (+ or - here) (Some number) <-- This number I believe represents how many times a certain bot had died. Eventually, This number got over 500, and also noticed the bots were literally dying as soon as they spawned. They would walk 3 steps, die, re-spawn, repeat.

Also one last thing to note. When the BOTS saw me coming at them with a gun of some sort, They would take about 10 more steps, get an aimbot of some sort and one shot headshot me, then die.

Seriously Frustrating. Anyone know what's going on...?
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2016-09-21, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 2016-09-22, 07:29 PM by Victor. Edit Reason: fix condition )
RE: BOTS Seriously Broken
We'll need more information to determine the problem.

The number shows the number of deaths in a compressed entry. [Bot] + (x10) means that a friendly bot suicided, ten times.

If the killfeed says [Bot], that's because the bot "got stuck" and doesn't know where to go. Because of AC 1.2 changes, I think the first condition should be changed to if(collide(m_pMyEnt)).

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2016-09-22, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 2016-09-22, 07:30 PM by Victor. Edit Reason: removed unnecessary quote )
Thank you for giving me something that may help! But here is NOW what I ask: Where do I find this code? Even then, how do I edit it?

And another thing if you are okay with me asking. I don't mean to come across rude. If you knew there was a problem, why did you code it like that in the first place...? (I know very little about how you designed the game.)
2016-09-22, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 2016-09-22, 07:40 PM by Victor.)
It's in our Git repository.
You can edit your own copy by downloading the development version (with "Download ZIP" or with Git), modifying the .cpp file, and compiling.
You can edit our copy by forking our repo and sending a pull request.

AssaultCube Reloaded is based on AssaultCube. Some of their changes in their new version ended up silently breaking some of our stuff when it was merged in.
In AC 1.0, collide() returned false when a physent collided. In AC 1.1 and 1.2, it now returns true when it collides.

EDIT: this is fixed for the next version of ACR.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2016-09-26, 02:00 PM
Nice to see it's fixed. Also, I would like the game to be developed further, especially the map editor. It would be great, if we could have like cube 2 editor. I can always help with websites, graphics and video editing if need.

[Image: AKuK1Sn.gif]
2016-09-28, 09:01 PM
@{KK}Waleed, Cube is based on a grid of height values, unlike octrees in Cube 2.

We might be able to get some Cube 2 editor features, but many of its features cannot be supported right now.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
2016-12-17, 06:05 AM (This post was last modified: 2021-07-04, 07:22 PM by Victor.)
That would be cool.

MOD EDIT: do not quote the post in front of you