Modeling Tutorial (Steps not Processes)
2015-04-03, 08:45 PM (This post was last modified: 2015-04-08, 08:57 PM by Fru5tum.)
Modeling Tutorial (Steps not Processes)
A Beginners Guide to Modding Games

Personally the Basis to any tutorial can be portrayed in steps.
The steps are listed, with acknowledgment to sections placed after the steps to instructed you, or better explain the steps.

Step One
Figure out what you are Modding.
Why art thou trying to model when one does not know what he is trying to accomplish.
A key step to anything (not just modeling) is knowing what product you want to end up with. Wether it be a md3 and or md2 model of a DSR .50 or a Plastic Spoon. Understand what you are going to be doing. Understand what you want and what it will look like to not just yourself but to everyone. For our example we are going to model a Beretta 93R
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Step Two
Acquire the proper tools.
With out tools you are trying to hammer a nail with your fist. Now, that may be possible,we may never know, but for metaphorical purposes let's assume it is not. Now that you know what you want. You have to know how to get it. For our needs/(wants) if we wanted to model a weapon we would begin with a 3D modeling software.
Along the lines of 3D Modeling Software you have a few to start with that are beginner friendly. ( that is a joke, nothing is beginner friendly smh)
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
1. Blender (Free)
2. Maya
3. 3DSMax
4. Cinema 4D (my weapon of choice)
5. Misfit Modeler
6. Milkshape 3D

I can go on and on. You should acquire the proper tools before hand for simplicity. Secondly, what's a piece of art with no flamboyant uniqueness in color, you need a artistic graphical designing program.
Most people use the built in Shitty Gay Ass Microdick Paint but it's always up to you!

1. Photoshop
2. Gimp(Free)
3. Paint smfh
And lastly the final tool!!
THIS DIC...no.
The final tool is commitment.
What's a project when you have no effort to continue when you hit a rough patch?
Believe me. Commitment is the difference between a Berreta 93R and a plastic spoon.
For our purposes we will use Blender and Gimp.
Step Three
Understand the tools.
Okay so now you have a Hammer and Nail.
Before you go smacking nails you must know how!!!
You don't want to be the guy trying to hammer a nail with the handle of a hammer Sad that would be awfully embarrassing but very high on the worldstar, vine, and AFV charts. Smmfh.
Learn your tools! Hotkeys are a gift from the great 3D Modeler God Chad. Learn hotkeys when you can but don't be dependent on them....nothing's worse than a disabled keyboard within a program and all you knew were hot keys...
Blender for example is a learn as you do program. Same with Gimp. Practice. Practice makes Cake. Or something like that
Step four
Use the tools.
hammer by the handle and against a(the) nail but what else could you possibly need!??!? HANDS!!! GET IT?!?? HANDS?! Models don't build them selves. Unless your Chuck Norris, then yea you got a 80,000 poly model in a blink. But chances are your not Chuck Norris.
Use your tools wisely! If you make a tiny mistake DO NOT IGNORE THAT MOTHERFUCKER!! He will come back and bite you so hard in the Arse you will not be able to breath. Take your time. If your in a rush, don't be. I'll pay for a late perfect model more than a early hideous model. Take your practice make it perfect
Step five
acquire your modulation.
Now you have nailed a wood to a wood. Look at your project, is it what you thought it would be? If it isn't well go back a few steps Smile believe me the answer is there!
Step Six
Final Touches.
Well now you have a wood nailed to a wood, time to pull out the sandpaper and even the crap out of this sucker. Final touches is a time to even out the wrongs, fix what need be and create what should've been
Step Seven
Test One.
TEST TIMME
well now you have a wood on wood sandblasted to smooth , time to test this baby
Look at everything closely, don't take small problems as no problems, if you see it chances are someone else will to.
Step Eight
Draft One.
Now Draft! Fix what looked wrong in the test, add what you should and remove why you should!
Step Nine
Test Two.
Final Testing, what could o wrong?!?
Step Ten
Publication.
Now you have a sandblasted wood on wood masterpiece! Make The most of it! Open yourself up! Pull your Brain out, No. Just no. Let criticism flow, if it can be fixed, be fixed. Don't base yourself on criticism but don't ignore it!
GOOD MUH FUQN LUQ
Stay Tuned for more of course!

IMPORTANT
IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE POSTINF THINGS ON THE SITE (I did) MAKE YOUR POST, THEN CLICK PREVEIW POST, THEN FROM THR PREVEIW PAGE CLICK POST!!!

God must love stupid people. He made so many.
->unknown

[Image: 8VEZK0Q.gif]
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2015-04-05, 10:41 AM
RE: Modeling Tutorial (Steps not Processes)
You imply the latest ACR versions support only one format for 3D models, the format md3. actually, the format md2 remain supported, and keep the priority it had in older version (I just check the ACR source code; it in the file rendermodel.cpp).

2015-04-06, 10:07 AM (This post was last modified: 2015-04-06, 10:07 AM by Victor.)
@Fru5tum, your tutorial looks like is a wall of text, which is hard to read. I recommend reformatting it or posting it on the ACR wiki so that other people can edit it.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2015-04-08, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 2015-04-08, 08:58 PM by Fru5tum.)
I've never used the wiki, I'll reformat

Noted, Edited, Updated Smile

->unknown

2015-06-15, 04:38 PM
I just copied this tutorial on the wiki

@Fru5tum The fact you didn't copy the tutorial on the wiki (a fast and easy task) and, instead, you said you've never used the wiki, it's an example of the "others will do it" theory.

2015-06-20, 08:46 AM
I've made some quick improvements to that wiki page.

I removed the step numbers because the table of contents numbers them. However, there is still way too much informal tone.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2015-06-20, 11:01 AM
You may modify it however you please Smile I'm sorry I did a poor job at formatting. In my defense Humor is a attraction point. I don't watch a comedy to cry. However, like I said, you may modify it how you please, I would still like recognition on the wiki for the original tutorial. "Original by Fru5tum, Edited by Asmanel, Victor,
I'm working on a written and video tutorial on MD3 modeling, However I'm using third party tools from quake in the tutorial (md3skinmapper) This tutorial is more focused on using Blender and Gimp to Produce a Professional Model. I'm not all into "part 1, blender basics" it's just going to be one Video, "MD3 Modeling/Texturing Professional Models with Blender"
This I will post on the wiki, instead of these forums. I will include a video link as well.
I personally want to make this video, because it's been extremely difficult to understand how to do this type of stuff. Especially with the lack of good Tutorials. I sincerely hope it helps future modelers.

->unknown