2.6.3 (2.7 beta 3)
2015-05-03, 02:23 AM
RE: [Future] 2.7/2.6.3
Downloading this Smile
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2015-05-03, 04:52 AM
yes i think we should bring them back because it is a lot easier for newbies. Also I easier than remembering commands.
2015-05-19, 06:27 PM
When, at editing, a part of the map is selected with a script or the console, the height of the rectange remain the same, at the level 0 (the default height of the ground).

It often is under the ground, above, the ceiling or floating between both. I starting making script to generate calculated shapes but, once the ground level changed, it isn't longer practical.

I suggest change the selection rectangle level rules.

An other thing I dislike is how the map revision number is managed. This number increase each time the map is saved.

It make maps easily have revision numbers like higher than ten at their first release.

I also suggest add a fullscreen entry in the QUICK setup menu.

2015-05-22, 04:42 PM
@{KK}Waleed, I will probably restore it for 2.6.3: https://github.com/acreloaded/acr/issues/17

@asmanel
How should it be changed? Also, if you change the rectangle size as you adjust the height, you can easily create pyramids.

The revision numbers are just to ensure older versions don't replace newer versions when uploaded to servers. However, they could also be exploited to "lock" the map in the server, unless the server allows "older" versions once the revision number is at the maximum.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2015-05-23, 06:52 AM (This post was last modified: 2015-05-23, 07:11 AM by asmanel.)
The problem with the selection rectangles isn't their size but their location

On this screenshot, there are three rectangles.
[Image: IyVh9Kzs]

After I moved down both the floor and the ceiling (they both are eight cubes under their default height), I made the rectangle of the middle at typing /select 16 16 8 8 in the console then I made the two others with the mouse.

2015-05-23, 01:47 PM
When will 2.6.3 be released?

[Image: cooltext1203588761_zps9cfa0053.gif]
2015-05-24, 07:24 AM
@{KE}bluwarguy Victor said this in the chat :

Victor Wrote:I don't know when ACR development can resume, but the assignments will start next week, so I'll know about how heavy the course load is by then.

It imply nobody can know when acr 2.6.3 will be released.

However, there is an help we can provide : since the version 2.6.0, there is a lack of stf maps. make map that support this mode will be helpfull.

2015-05-26, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 2015-05-26, 02:29 PM by {KK}Waleed.)
Guys: My clan have experts map editing players, including me. We can help you guys create any maps, that you guys might need.
Let me know if you guys are looking for any maps.
Thank you
2015-05-26, 06:19 PM
@{KE}bluwarguy, 2.6.3 is tentatively scheduled for August 31, but it is possible that more time will be required. Unfortunately, if that happens, it'd probably end up in the end of December.

@asmanel, STF flags can't be added to AC's maps because of licensing restrictions, but we could do a workaround by hardcoding them for AC maps. This is probably a bad idea.

Also, we don't even have a decent weapon model for the MK12.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2015-05-27, 05:08 PM
@Victor I know license retrictions prevent any modification of the AC official maps.

This is why I suggest creating new ones, with STF flags. I never said to modify AC official maps.