Finally found my USB(ACR Mobile)
2014-11-28, 09:25 AM
Finally found my USB(ACR Mobile)
that title sounds very...mis-leading but Just a tiny update from me Smile
After studying ACR for a nonstop amount of time i've concluded that a mobile version of the game is very, acceptable. Android Kit Kat and Above as well as iOS 6-7 and above. (iPhone 4 and above) Ram consuming about 50-150 mb average. The following is programming such game.

Textures of a smaller size, I do beleive that the textures are more likley to be of use at a much smaller (but still seamless) size, But knowing that each map is based off of cubes, we could have a single texture per map which in turn would result in a better performance and even a better chance at destruction. (SURPRISE)

Multiplayer is a go, 12-32 person servers with the risk of hacking.
12-16 at lower risk of hacking.

Single Player with bots is obviously acceptable (but just like the PC version I doubt a campaign is of any use.

Profiles
With my experience on iOS, a "plist" file is used to tell the application what to hook to and a couple variables to include.
Most if not all iOS applications consist of a .plist file containing the appropriate information to keep track of the iOS version, hardware capabilities, graphics levels, and profile information like names, achievements, etc.
To be Frank the iOS version of such a project would be much better than the android version, simply because i do not code for android ( much less know where to start, but I'll wing it if I have to)
In theory I should be able to include a .plist file to keep down the "Ram Hogger s" as we apple geeks like to call them.
Depending on what device and even your connection could change things from, lighting, sound quality, amount of sound, texture quality, available maps, features in edit mode, and whether or not you can even access multiplayer....
so in conclusion, performance is definitely not an issue.
But until i have the balls to deal with objective c and its... foreign complexity ill be studying more about ACR core foundation.... C:
I will attempt to make basic ACR functions in objective c for iOS, and once I'm done pissing off all the Android Fan boys i'll get them a bit of it too. Sharing is Caring.
Now that I have my flashydrive I can model anywhere <3
Code Anywhere.
You get the Point, Progress.

Until Then, "Waving Emoji"
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2014-11-28, 07:22 PM
RE: Finally found my USB(ACR Mobile)
If we want to move to Mobile we will port to SDL2 and port OpenGL to OpenGL ES to get it to work
2014-11-29, 12:09 PM
Yes :3 With that in mind, a couple things could use their downtime in the mobile version, or even be improved.
1. Textures remain nuetral. What ever the choice we make about texturing can be done with the same images we have now, smaller screens = experienced texture (i.e. you will see the texture at its proper quality, simliar to veiwing an HD video on an HD device, or a Low Quality Video on a Low Quality Machine....

God must love stupid people. He made so many.
->unknown

[Image: 8VEZK0Q.gif]
2014-12-03, 07:56 AM
Is there no way of compiling C source for iOS? I dont have an iPhone, but wont compiling the code with target "arm" (gcc, f.e.) work?
At the weekend I will try out whether there is any chance of compiling for android (if I remember). I think software rendering (mesa sw rendering on arm and so on) wont work, right?

The C Programming Language: combines the flexibility of assembly language with the power of assembly language.
2014-12-03, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 2014-12-03, 11:01 AM by Fru5tum.)
If you can give me something to compile then I'm sure I can do it on my phone,
1. It's jailbroken
2. I use a VM for Mac OSX Yosemite to run Xcode 6.1

As long as there is something there, it'll compile c:
My trouble comes to hardware restrictions but I have no problem testing it on other devices
As far as I know I will be able to test on an iphone 4,4s,5c,and maybe a iPad mini
Ios 7 / 8 only

->unknown

2014-12-04, 08:18 AM
You can compile C/++ code for iPhone(that's how I develop apps). The problem is that the version of SDL we use doesn't work on android/iOS as far as I know. We need to update to SDL 2 which will provide performance improvements and a more modern interface. Another thing that needs to be changed to make it work for mobile platforms is that we need to change OpenGL calls to OpenGL ES which the platforms support. It will be quite a lot of work with lots of ifdef guards in the code.
2014-12-04, 11:40 AM
I can help

->unknown