2.6.2 (2.7 beta 2)
2014-11-29, 12:24 PM
RE: [Future] 2.7
@victorz yes of course the code makes no sense, and i didn't say it was a breeze to implempent, thats why the animation method is much easier. I will do my best for an example...
and openal does not install because of administrator rights. The idea is to already have openal32.dll in the bin_win32 folder
but that doesn't explain why 2.5.9 works and 2.6+ don't
MY 2.6.1 REPORT AND EXPERINECE

BUGS;
/////////////////////////////////////
Upon attempting to apply custom models (particularity Padge's beautiful Scorpion Evo and the less beautiful Scar :L
(WORKING ON PICTURES)
The custom models are stuck in ADS mode, i'm not sure if this is because i'm using a laptop (that seems to be the reason for most of my problems)
/-\
the ads view of iron sights; field of view is very great :c i can see into the models, the cross-hair shows while in ADS

those are in custom models
There was some major performance leap in here somewhere because my same moms laptop is boosting to 60-100 fps and dips in the 20's+ where as before i would have 30 in the max and noticeable frame skipping
and yea victor taking the "openal32 remove_this_part..etc etc" work >-< i kinda feel dumb for not seeing that....
This class system is fairly acceptable, i was wondering if on the class menu there could be a sub menu for the 12 custom classes, instead of showing them with the other stuff (orgainization) :?
I personally love the class system, im thinking of adding abbreviations to the class name to show what class i want to select

PM16SRPG
which would be primary m16 and secondary rpg

ill keep you guys posted on anymore "bugs"

God must love stupid people. He made so many.
->unknown

[Image: 8VEZK0Q.gif]
2014-11-29, 03:13 PM
@Fru5trum, the models need to be updated for the new zooming mechanism. Zoom animations are done with tag_zoom instead of the animation "gun shoot".

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2014-11-29, 03:15 PM
can i change this manualy in the .md3?

->unknown

2014-11-29, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 2014-11-29, 03:17 PM by Victor.)
You have to change the .md3 by adding the tag and removing the unnecessary animation. Also, it might be better to wait for 2.6.2 or use the development version after the new old HUD model FOV is implemented reinstated.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2014-11-30, 02:02 AM
Sounds a lot better @Victor! Looks like I got lots of things to work on before BF4 Premium finally installs.

If you'd like, classic mode can have the old AC FOV. But I think the consensus here is to keep FOV the way we have it now, which looks a tad bit more realistic (In reality, the buttstock of the rifle blocks almost your entire bottom right view)

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2014-12-03, 08:00 AM
The github version runs much more stable than the old ones on my Debian, although I have to recompile it 'cause of old libs in Debian anyway Tongue, the old one used to crash more or less every 10 mins with different errors (gdb).

The C Programming Language: combines the flexibility of assembly language with the power of assembly language.
2014-12-03, 06:26 PM
Victor, the zoom mechanism with the animation is replaced with tag_zoom
Does that tag have to be placed in my models to properly work?
I don't want to waste time on animations when there's a tag for it
And where does this tag go if it goes anywhere?

->unknown

2014-12-04, 08:19 AM
i like the idea of debris models flying out from the center of the explosion

[Image: cooltext1203588761_zps9cfa0053.gif]
2014-12-04, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 2014-12-04, 07:53 PM by Victor.)
@@Fru5trum, yes, the animation is replaced with tag_zoom. The tag has to be placed in your model, and don't make a zooming animation (still make reload animations).

@DeltaStrikeOp, because of lack of time, this is the first commit since September: 4c60808cd2c107c2cc27caf55e4ad80e7803d47d
I probably won't implement custom FOV for HUD weapon models because of the performance cost.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
2014-12-10, 01:56 PM
What happen to killcam

->unknown