Poll: What should we do about it
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Leave it as is
0%
0 0%
Completely remove it
42.86%
3 42.86%
Have it be the same just on interval, 3 sec
0%
0 0%
Have it be the same just on interval, 5 sec
28.57%
2 28.57%
Have it be the same just on interval, 10 sec
0%
0 0%
Have it be the same just on interval, 15 sec
0%
0 0%
Have it just on radar constant update
0%
0 0%
Have it just on radar 5 second update
14.29%
1 14.29%
Have it just on radar 10 second update
14.29%
1 14.29%
Have it just on radar 15 second update.
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The "kill" indicator for flag
2014-08-05, 08:28 AM (This post was last modified: 2014-08-05, 08:28 AM by Victor.)
RE: The "kill" indicator for flag
@ruler501, the current justification is that because you don't want the enemy to steal your flag easily, you put a GPS on it with instantaneous updates or a short interval. It wouldn't make sense to have long intervals.

But isn't 15 seconds (4/minute) a very long time? See the reciprocal behavior:
period = 1/frequency
instant: infinite
1 second: 60/min
2 seconds: 30/min
5 seconds: 12/min (this is what Call of Duty uses)
6 seconds: 10/min
10 seconds: 6/min
12 seconds: 5/min
15 seconds: 4/min

As you can see, increasing the period slightly when it is small decreases the frequency by a lot, but then increasing the same amount later doesn't affect frequency as much.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2014-08-05, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 2014-08-08, 12:27 AM by -{ET}-xdEpicZombie.)
@.LeXuS" With all due respect,I started playing AC in 2006,I have played alot of First Person Shooters,more than you even know so dont try to make me feel like you are more experienced than me,okay?

As I said before I dont mind if this indicator will not be changed,although a cleaner interface is always nicer Smile

EDIT
Now that Ive read all of the previous comments on this thread i would like to say something.If this is true that you .LeXuS"(why in the fucking ass would you choose yourself such username,is this -.- and this -"- important?)will stop playing ACR because you dont like the flag indicator then have it your way.If Victor has to redesign all the little bits and pieces of this game for anyones private likings what would be the result?There is no perfect game,and if you dont like something,yes you can suggest and help new features to be made or old, unnecessary and disturbing ones to be removed,but lets be honest now,claiming that you(and some others,who exactly,speak for yourself and let others do it too,if there are anyone else to quit ACR because this indicator is disturbing them,please let the step up too!)will quit playing this game if you dont get exactly what you want is childish and stupid.Thank You for reading this.

[Image: 3SVsNlV.png]
2014-08-05, 12:33 PM
Btw Victor, we also forgot to discuss the length of the ping

I believe BF4 has a 5 second ping. Also, given the size of our maps, perhaps we should decide on a faster frequency of pings

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2014-08-05, 01:02 PM
I added a poll to the OP. Let's see what the community as a whole thinks.
2014-08-05, 01:16 PM
@DeltaStrikeOp, Call of Duty also uses 5 seconds. But because our maps are smaller and ACR is more fast-paced, we might even want to use 4 seconds.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2014-08-07, 04:44 AM (This post was last modified: 2014-08-07, 04:49 AM by Feeh.)
@-{ET}-xdEpicZombie wut you started playing in 2004? as the first version came in 2006 it to November,for what i remember

referring to The "kill" indicator for flag,if this continues in the official version will be very difficult the players to assault cube came for acr
2014-08-07, 01:00 PM
I don't understand... Even at rereading this thread several times, I don't understand what is this kill indicator ? What is this ?

2014-08-07, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 2014-08-07, 03:05 PM by DeltaStrikeOp.)
@asmanel, during CTF, there's an indicator that pops up when an enemy or teammate captures a flag. For the enemies, the flag carrier is labeled as "KILL", while friendlies see "DEFEND". It's an annoying feature that makes it extremely hard to play CTF with people other than bots.

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2014-08-08, 01:14 AM
@Feeh Sorry,I typed in my tablet,its easy to mistake with it.

[Image: 3SVsNlV.png]
2014-08-13, 08:52 AM
Would changing the indication help? Maybe a different icon? Lighter color? To where it's not so obscuring?

God must love stupid people. He made so many.
->unknown

[Image: 8VEZK0Q.gif]