Firearm situation in the US
2014-07-17, 03:05 AM (This post was last modified: 2014-07-17, 03:07 AM by DeltaStrikeOp.)
Firearm situation in the US
Recently, the AK and its variants are now banned from being imported to the US. No reason was given, but some speculate it is from the increasing political tension regarding the situation in Ukraine. This action was already speculated when the US government decided to ban surplus ammunition meant for the AK. These actions aren't hurting any russian industry/companies, and is instead hurting US citizens wishing to exercise their rights given to them by the second amendment

Firearms have been a topic of heated discussion in the US. However, it is skewed, because it is generally accepted to "demonize" firearms, and supporting the right to bear arms has started to be looked down upon. During school, students moan about being placed into the pro-gun debate group. The Rolling-Stone magazine, in an effort to increase readers, has chosen to take the anti-gun ownership stance in america, and demonized gun owners in their latest issue. The websites and magazines of anti-gun organizations have imposed many restrictions on firearms, and they have yet to prove a single instance in which their actions have saved lives. They are quick to claim that firearms do not save lives, but there are so many instances of armed, law-abiding citizens saving lives because they had a firearm with them.

Call me inconsiderate and barbaric for mudslinging, but I consider those who wish to take away the right to bear arms in the US as "pussies". Just because a few people that own a firearm/obtained access to a firearm chose to abuse their right to bear arms and commit atrocities does not mean that my right to bear arms has to be taken away because "guns are harmful and taking them away would make the world a safer place to live in".

There are many things that are unnecessary in this world, and one of the prime examples is the fact that many citizens like to drive large, gas guzzling trucks, jeeps, and SUVs. Every year, statistically, these large vehicles kill more people than firearms do in the US. Not many people need to drive large vehicles, but they do because they have the right to. Same with firearms, not many people NEED to own a firearm, but they do because they have the right to own a firearm as stated by the 2nd amendment.

I want to have the right to defend myself, and if you think you can take away my right to own a firearm because you are scared of one, then you have no business in voting, because your votes are not in the interests of advancing our society as a whole. I will not condone a person for their interests, but our society is slowly condoning disapproval towards owning firearms because of the fact that firearms "look scary" and "have the potential to kill", even though we have many other things in this world that look scary and much more lethal and yet are accepted by society.

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2014-07-17, 03:09 PM
RE: Firearm situation in the US
People who think firearm-related deaths are a reason to revoke constitutional rights to bear them don't know what they're talking about. Of the 10,000 firearm-related deaths every year in this country (a number which hasn't shown a growing trend in the past decade), over 6,000 are suicides and less than 100 are part of a "mass shooting."

If people spent half as much time trying to solve problems as they did trying to get re-elected by proposing busywork legislation to please the lowest common denominator (i.e. spreading of FUD which would be considered terrorism if not done by the government), maybe we'd have less suicides and more informed voters.
2014-07-18, 12:23 AM (This post was last modified: 2014-07-18, 12:25 AM by DeltaStrikeOp.)
Agreed. Sadly, public perception of firearms has continued to decline in these years, effectively disparaging firearm supporters. Legislators are afraid to support gun rights because of the fact the media will literally trample them to death and make them lose support.

Americans also seem to want to believe what makes them feel better. Doctored information from Bloomberg's Everytown for Gun Safety, and its affiliate, Moms Demand Action, has been making up information that even CNN has confirmed to be false. Yet they are slowly gaining supporters in the US, and continuing to increase hate on firearms and the owners of firearms. The clearly made up information has made it into many popular newspapers around the nation and grabbed headlines, when there are many other critical things to focus on, such as the nation's unemployment rate (which has been increasing the amount of crime) or the natural disasters that afflict our nation every year.

If anything, these organizations have ruined lives, not saved lives. Gun-control groups have demonized law abiding citizens and ruined their public image. They have ruined businesses for refusing to cooperate with their demands to ban the carry of firearms in store, which certainly will translate into higher crime rates because those who wish to harm others know they will not face resistance.

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2014-07-18, 06:31 AM
@DSO US banned AK becouse of what the russians do in Ukraine right?And if that is the reason why they did it,the way I see,it`s the right thing to do.Though I am not a citizen of US and I should not say anything to you.Just thats what my opinion is.1

[Image: 3SVsNlV.png]
2014-07-18, 06:58 AM
It's not my cup of tea, so forgive me a short remark: Roughly 2/3 of the mass killing with firearms found in western news seem to happen in the US. I like democracy a lot, if people want children to have access to weapons (parents, friends, whatever) then thats fine, but I see a little danger in taking lobbyism as democracy.
I could name some other arguments, but I think most of them are quite common. If people want to shoot with firearms, they should do it somewhere with no one to hurt; if they want to be more secure at home, they should
invest in f.e. better payments and education for the police. Anyway, my opinion (as usual), feel free to get your own. Tongue

The C Programming Language: combines the flexibility of assembly language with the power of assembly language.
2014-07-18, 11:50 PM
@EpicZombie, I'm not sure if it really is the right thing to do. Banning Russian firearms from the US seems to be specifically aimed at the firearms community. Why not ban other Russian exports from the country? So far, the ban has specifically targeted the Russian AK and also AK ammo. The ammo ban's reason was really stupid, supposedly the mild-steel core could penetrate body armor, but it wasn't even made to penetrate body armor, and any good Level 3 (Rifle Rated) armor plating can stop it.

@rXn Yes, that is true, but that is because firearms are prevalent in the US. In Australia, they don't have guns, but they sure do have murders and deaths. You can die from any number of ways. Technically, gun mortality rates are falling, its just that the number of spree killings has gone up that are related to firearms.
I understand that it is your opinion, but it is also my opinion that I have the option to defend myself in methods that I deem to be sufficient. If I need to cause harm to somebody, it will always be in self defense. If a 7 foot man was a threat to me or my family, if I were given the option of using a firearm, knife, or just my bare hands to deescalate the situation, I would choose a firearm because it provides me with the strongest visual deterrent. Simply banning firearms because they kill is not a valid reason. Knives also kill, and their proliferation in the world has made knife-related fatalities far higher than firearms.

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2014-07-19, 11:12 AM
Russian ammo is cheap and I love it. Banning useful inexpensive things always has the angle of "oppressing those that are less fortunate". Lol to banning anything with Russia, that makes little sense. Being practical, when I carry a gun, it's mostly for dangerous animals. I never want to end up dueling any arseface, and would hope someone random would help me get out to safety first, as I would do for others. Don't walk alone at night in the crazy city streets like me (that was dumb now that I realize xD) and carry something inconspicuous like a 6 shooter now.
2014-07-20, 12:29 AM
Leper you are one true Bad-A**. I bet soon, the mall-ninja community will catch on to what you're doing. That, or any would be criminal will laugh so hard, you'll have time to escape xD

All jokes aside, the banning of cheap surplus AK ammo had no solid reasoning behind it. It was claimed the mild steel core can have AP (armor piercing) capabilities. Hell, good ol M855 has armor piercing capabilities, it just depends on the classification! It's not like these can penetrate level 3 armor plates! It is done to reduce the number of occasions citizens can go to the range to exercise their rights

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2014-07-20, 05:20 PM
Nah no badassery here till I end up like one of the hella operators :3.