Poll: Do you want nightly builds?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I can compile on my own
25.00%
2 25.00%
Yes, I need linux builds
0%
0 0%
Yes, I need windows builds
62.50%
5 62.50%
Yes, I need Mac builds
0%
0 0%
I cannot help with alpha testing
0%
0 0%
No, we want all effort focused on coding
12.50%
1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Alpha Testing
2014-07-16, 07:21 PM (This post was last modified: 2014-07-16, 08:06 PM by ruler501.)
Alpha Testing
Calling all ACR players we need alpha testers. If you're comfortable with compiling you can clone and compile it on your own. I can provide assistance if needed. We need bug reports and requests for features/adjustments. We need your help to get the build ready for release before the summer is over.

You can file bug reports on github or google code. Feature requests can be on the forum or if they are small we'd prefer you just message us on IRC(chatbox on top). We are also accepting pull requests for all you coders(and artists) out there.

For the poll the results will decide if we work to setup an automatic nightly build system, maybe rolling builds integrated with the updater.
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2014-07-16, 08:30 PM
RE: Alpha Testing
I haven't booted up a Linux-based system distro in a while, so I voted for Windows builds. From what I can remember AC could be built on Windows using (for example) Visual Studio. Can ACR?
2014-07-16, 08:33 PM
Yes, talk to @Victor about Visual Studios builds though. I only know how to build with GCC environments(TDM-GCC and msys on windows)
2014-07-16, 09:17 PM
I use Visual Studio for my development. Even if we don't get automatic builds, alpha testers can still build it manually.

Also, alpha testing might not be so critical because a beta release is planned.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2014-07-17, 04:00 PM
I voted "Yes, I need windows builds".

I'd like compile on my own and I tried to do it in the past but I don't know what version of each library I need. I downloaded the ones I believed to be the good ones but it always failed.

2014-07-17, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 2014-07-18, 07:43 AM by ruler501.)
asmanel are you using an mingw/msys build system or visual studio? I'll start up a page and Victor can add to it on the wiki for how to build it on your own.

Here is the link to the wiki page with Compiling Instructions http://acreloaded.wikia.com/wiki/Compiling
2014-07-18, 03:35 PM
I'd like to test!

[Image: cooltext1203588761_zps9cfa0053.gif]