HUD and Icons - New Design Style?
2014-07-09, 05:44 AM
RE: HUD and Icons - New Design Style?
Sounds Good! And I don't even play bf4 that much just bf3 and ghost mainly battlefield though Smile when u bring up civilians what if when u team kill you change to green and are a terrorist that has no side in favor that could be a game mode mod
\-.-/
And could we keep it between those colors? Red Blue and Green ? Perhaps HUD icons and colors could be different based on them
For instance
Blue Team ( Blufor, but I'm going to use America for simplicity )
American flag on top with blue themed icons and other stuff all english
Red Team ( Opfor, but I'm using Russia in this case
Russian flag on top and some russian controls labels or sounds but nothing to directly effect your gameplay perhaps displayed in Russian and in parentheses the English )
Green team ( Wacky Players >.<) this could be enabled when a team mate kills a teammate his HUD changes to green and all control labels ( kills head shots stuff like that are all in a foriegn luanguage untill he kills enemy team
If he team kills twice he is instantly given the green team suit and can have no weapon except AK-47, Rpg and no Malee or explosive
I think it would be perfect for realism mode of mabey a new one called MilSim with the same purpose of realism but with the terrorist stuff

God must love stupid people. He made so many.
->unknown

[Image: 8VEZK0Q.gif]
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2014-07-09, 08:40 AM
@DeltaStrikeOp, the new obit texture is located at https://github.com/acreloaded/acr/blob/m...c/obit.png

As you can see, it cuts down on the package size.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2014-07-09, 10:19 AM
Fru5trum Wrote:NO NO NO Color is bad .-. Mabey you can adjust it to be different colors but its good to have one color platelet throughout the entire piece, to many colors mean visual obscurences. ie. The colors attract the player, and also destracts, the more colors and HUD space you take up the more is taken away from the experience from the game part. Think of it like webpage banners. If I had a nickel for everytime I stopped looking at a page because ill i saw were banners, We definitley wouldn't have 2 servers .-. More like 20, yes color depiction is a nice feature and perhaps can still be implemented but the goal of having a single color platelet is to attract someone's attention to what it is about. For example
My idea is to allow this to be customizable so those that prefer colorful can have it and those of us that prefer minimalistic can have that. To me customization should always be a priority as long as it doesn't add much to the code complexity or size.
2014-07-09, 01:48 PM
Understood @Victor, they look nice and streamlined for future use. I currently don't have any ideas for enhancing those obits, so they will probably have to stay like that for now unless somebody else would like to also work on obits. They are free to use, correct?

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2014-07-09, 01:56 PM
Well, the last 3 are not, so I might have to cut that out in the future.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2014-07-09, 11:22 PM
So the last three (in order) are Suicide, Kill while Juggernaut, and Teamkill I presume?

Are these necessary towards gameplay? The text might work well enough to not necessitate their use in game

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2014-07-10, 09:48 AM
@DeltaStrikeOp, yeah, text probably will be enough, so I'm going to change them to scope indicators.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
2014-08-04, 06:20 AM
I have the svg files. If you'd like I can release them. I tend to like to first make the design in illustrator and then paste it into Photoshop to save as a png
2014-08-04, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 2014-08-04, 08:59 AM by Victor.)
We're going to need no-scope, quick-scope, recent-scope, and hard-scope icons. I have added placeholders for them right now:

https://github.com/acreloaded/acr/commit...c92920460f

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
2014-08-04, 10:45 PM
@klarakos, I do the same thing, since currently ACR doesn't support .svg files (or .ai files)

I'm still not certain as to the reason why we would need no-scope, quick-scope, recent-scope, and hard-scope icons. I guess it would be cool to be able to show off.

I'm holding off on designing icons for now because of my new laptop purchase, but I have some ideas:

1. no-scope: basically would just be the crosshairs
2. quick-scope: an icon of a scope that has "motion blur" effects
3. recent-scope: Stumped at this one, actually. =/
4. hard-scope: solid, and large icon of scope

The problem with my idea is the lack of differentiation between quick, recent, and hard scoping. Any new player would have trouble identifying the purpose of these indicators

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"