FTU Map Designs and Ideas W.I.P
2014-07-04, 12:43 AM
RE: FTU Map Designs and Ideas W.I.P
Epiczombie, did you consider perhaps creating a map that had "mountains" as walls that obstructed the player's view of the skymap? The river would start and end thru a "hole"

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2014-07-04, 04:56 AM
Thanks EPicz I thought they suck to be honest and in working on mapping them in a program, and no DSO that would not be the right way to approach it Sad it's difficult and it can be done but u hve to Sacrafice 1: Map size and 2: Time probably a better way to appraoch it would be to obscure the ends with trees! XD no wait DSO said is the only possible way I was acually hoping in made on of soon to be updates we would have the ability to put borders on the map with a small area outside these borders to help represent the map , since I can only draw I'll draw what I mean but basicly give us the ability to create a boundary and adjust whats past the boundary , and again is u want that "river into the horizon" feel your gunna need to burn some of the map
And second of all we need a sky map that doesn't place our map in the sky perhaps the "ground" part of the sky map could be displayed as a solid color or ground texture like grass in stead of 60 foot down mountains which will give us more realism and the elimination of the whole map borders that very map has , I made a map a long time ago and got rid of these borders by highlighting the ground the wall say in and pressed something in the area where u have page up and down it num luck ( a full sized key board going left to right you have Letters , a rectangular group of keys that did page up and down some other stuff to and deleted the wall so u could see the sky map :> so I will design a map in which you can do it now and I'll design one that will need a couple modifications to the game

God must love stupid people. He made so many.
->unknown

[Image: 8VEZK0Q.gif]
2014-07-04, 07:08 AM
My vision to make the map was to bend the river but I failed making it look nice.I had to "sacrifice" alot map space too.More than I would have done with the mountain I guess.The idea was to make a map where a river flows through a village.There would have been 3 bridges and alot of barricades to hide yourself.Idea was good,lack of skills was the problem.I have a new objective now though.I am planning to make a map with only my own models and textures.It`s a time consuming process but its worth it!

[Image: 3SVsNlV.png]
2014-07-04, 08:12 AM
Awesome!,

God must love stupid people. He made so many.
->unknown

[Image: 8VEZK0Q.gif]