Server Privliges
2014-06-19, 04:20 PM
Server Privliges
What are the "master" and "owner" privileges in ACR servers? They are listed as options in the config/default.serverpwd.cfg file.
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2014-06-19, 04:37 PM
RE: Server Privliges
Master is for less trusted people, because it can't veto map change votes.

Admin and owner are the same, but admins cannot kick or ban owners.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2014-07-23, 02:35 PM (This post was last modified: 2014-07-23, 02:35 PM by Caruni.)
How do I disable the developers' master login on my servers?
2014-07-23, 03:54 PM
You would have to register on another master-server.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2014-07-23, 03:59 PM
Have fun not having any servers for your game then. Feel free to reply to this thread when that policy changes. If you want special privileges on my servers, you can qualify for them like anyone else.
2014-07-23, 04:04 PM
If you use -mlocalhost, your server can still run but not be listed (so people would have to /connect to an address that you post), but then auth would be disabled.

Other cube based games (AssaultCube, Cube 2, Red Eclipse) have this same system of authenticating though the master-server.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
2014-07-23, 04:12 PM
I've never had someone use this auth system on a server I've run except you.
2014-07-23, 04:14 PM
What is it that you want to change? I'm sorry if I'm just not reading it write
2014-07-23, 04:14 PM
Every forum user can use this system though: https://acrf.victorz.ca/thread-1195-post...ml#pid6333

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
2014-07-23, 04:53 PM
(2014-07-23, 04:14 PM)Victor Wrote: Every forum user can use this system though: https://acrf.victorz.ca/thread-1195-post...ml#pid6333

Other forum users don't have master privileges on my server. If they want to auth to show their forum account I don't care.