New USA Server
2014-06-02, 04:48 PM
New USA Server
Since apparently there are (effectively) no working servers, I made one.

My residential ADSL2+ service goes down once in a while (once or twice a week at worst) for a few minutes, but other than that there should be pretty great uptime.

The IP address is not static, but can be seen in the ms.acr.victorz.ca masterserver list so far (not the beta.ms.acr.victorz.ca one, which seems to not exist.)
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2014-06-03, 03:43 PM
RE: New USA Server
Thank you for running servers.

beta.ms.acr.victorz.ca doesn't exist any more because it was the development domain for the new master-server protocol.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2014-06-04, 01:42 PM
Awesome, thank you Caruni!

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2014-06-05, 12:24 PM
It seems servers won't re-attempt masterserver registration if they have connectivity problems and can't do it one time. So all four servers have been off the list since around 9PM CDT, they're back on it now.
2014-06-05, 05:28 PM
Servers re-attempt registration every hour regardless of anything. If they didn't for you, it's a bug.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2014-06-06, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 2014-06-06, 11:12 AM by rXn.)
I had that before, too, it seems to happen when your ip changes (f.e. dynamic IPv4s or so). Just a guess.

The C Programming Language: combines the flexibility of assembly language with the power of assembly language.
2014-06-09, 07:06 PM
(2014-06-06, 11:12 AM)rXn Wrote: I had that before, too, it seems to happen when your ip changes (f.e. dynamic IPv4s or so). Just a guess.

My issue is that my modem keeps rebooting leaving me unaware. So this sounds like a good explanation.
2014-06-17, 11:17 AM
After a power outage that lasted about 8 hours last night, I've got the servers up again this afternoon.
2014-06-18, 12:32 AM
Awesome, thanks for your persistence Caruni! You are a godsend :-D

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2014-07-10, 03:28 PM
Oops! I rebooted yesterday night and didn't log back in until just now, so the servers were down the whole time. Sorry!