New Scopes
2013-12-24, 12:50 PM (This post was last modified: 2014-01-04, 10:23 PM by DeltaStrikeOp.)
New Scopes
Hi all,

I'm not a modeler by any means, as you guys already know. But I do have experience using the adobe suite. Last time, I uploaded a new scope.png file because I felt like the "black border" was too restrictive.

[Image: ScopeFinished_zpse39cb79e.png]

I'm now thinking about making a new one. Recently, Leupold made a new reticle that looks pretty cool. It looks a bit complex at first glance, but I think it adds that bit of "tacticool"-ness to gameplay. Lemme know what you guys think. I might also work on a Russian PSO-1 scope for you Dragonuv users (yes, I remember that gun =D great work modelers!)

[Image: Leupold.png]
Leupold TS-32X1 Reticle

[Image: PSO-1_and_PSO-1-1_Reticle_Scheme.png]
PSO-1 Reticle

Happy hunting!

PS. I've been considerably less active in the ACR community because I got into a competitive Halo PC clan. But since it's break now, I have a lot more time in my hands. =)

Also, I failed my first semester of calculus (Calc 1) =( So during school I may have less time for ACR

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2013-12-24, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 2013-12-24, 07:30 PM by Fru5tum.)
RE: New scope.png in the works.
[img]http://[/img]that sounds pretty epic Big Grin i love the idea but out of curiosity... are we limited to the black boarder? could we have different colors? cuase then you could add things to the scope... like for instance a screw in the base of it.... im still trying to get my rifel scope to work... im hopeing to get it on an assult weapon(becuase cuase of the lack of alternitives) but when you get to the scope you still see a part of the gun.... ill show a pic to you when i find one don't worry in the mean time goodluck with Halo and you scope

[Image: 4x-ACOG]
kinda like this one .. i notic all the scope modes only have the colors red (dot) ,and black .... if you have more colors and make an attemp at it you need to make it with the gun or make it look like the same thing on everygun ( i hope its not on all guns though..)

God must love stupid people. He made so many.
->unknown

[Image: 8VEZK0Q.gif]
2013-12-24, 09:29 PM
nice pic Toxic! Yeah I was originally going for something similar to that ACOG. For now, I don't really know how to do the cool weathered-effect texture, so it'll have to stay black. Originally I wanted to have numbers on the ticks on the scope and also on the dials, but the perfectionist in me simply just didnt like how "2D" it looked. LOL heck, I originally didn't release the scope image because

1. Victor said it gave an unfair advantage to players with the scope mod
2. It looks so 2D!

But hopefully I'll release the scope mod this time for people to use.

If you notice in the area around the scope, it's zoomed in. This isn't realistic at all, because this is what you would see in real life with a zoomed scope. The ACOG is a magnified scope, so it also applies to it.

[Image: through_scope.jpg]

CoD: Ghosts is the only game I know of so far that finally added "dual render" scopes, which is a lot better than just blacking out your peripheral view. Not even mil-sim games like ARMA III have this feature... yet. And cube doesnt support dual rendering, so what I substituted was a grey that slightly "blurs" your peripheral view. Of course, this system isn't very realistic, because in dark maps, all you see is that grey area.

But hopefully I can tweak it to the point where I can release it =) Maybe some blur gradient would work

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2013-12-24, 09:36 PM
If you release the scope soon, it can probably be included in 2.6.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2013-12-24, 09:47 PM (This post was last modified: 2013-12-24, 10:04 PM by DeltaStrikeOp.)
Victor, if you want the first version of the scope, here it is.

http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w646...ba70a5.png

Just save it as "scope.png"

However, there's a grey "blur" background that I tried with it. It doesnt really work for dark situations. If you want the image without the blur, just tell me

http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w646...ba70a5.png
Blur

http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w646...e9a986.png
without blur

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxrq-ek...sp=sharing

The scope.PSD if you'd like to download and edit it victor

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2013-12-25, 10:30 PM (This post was last modified: 2013-12-26, 01:25 AM by DeltaStrikeOp.)
[Image: Scope2_zps1c76990f.png]

http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w646...76990f.png

Here it is guys! Check it out! If someone wants to make a cool texture effect for the scope body, that'd be nice. =) But so far, I only know how to play with shapes.

EDIT: man, that preview sucks on the black background of the forum LOL.

Instructions:
1.Download and save as "scope.png"
2.Go to your packages>misc
3.copy and paste the new scope.png into your misc folder, deleting the old one.
4.Enjoy!

The darkened out area was intentional and was created from the input of several ACR members to prevent having too much area to view out of which would be unrealistic. Since cube engine doesnt support Dual Rendering, the dark area is all I can do for now.

EDITED: 12/26/2013 12:25AM PST

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2013-12-26, 10:10 AM
Well, if you texture it more, it would become subject to copyright and you'd have to specify a licence.

Because it's basic shapes only, I put that it is copyright ineligible in the README. This is actually pushing the limits; it probably can be considered as original enough to be subject to copyright.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2013-12-26, 11:21 AM
@Victor, I dunno much about copyrights. Tell me when you deem the designs to be of sufficient quality to qualify as copyrightable property

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2013-12-26, 01:42 PM
Well, @DeltaStrikeOp, in the chatbox, you decided to release your scope image under the CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 licence, so I put that into the README.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
2013-12-26, 04:33 PM
Okay! Thanks!

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"