New Scopes
2014-01-03, 07:26 PM
RE: New scope.png in the works.
yeah, its really inefficient imo. Like I said, I used to help a BF2 mod beta test their mod, and when they added dual render scopes, my framerates dropped like a stone and my RAM use doubled from 1 GB usual to 2GB.

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2014-01-04, 12:35 PM
(Maybe) Best idea ever:
1. Render the whole frame with the "normal" fov
2. Take the inner part of the image
3. Resize it (I know, ugly, but if you scale a resolution of lets say 300x300 to 600x600 with a screen resolution of 1920x1080, it wont hurt to much. Maybe raise contrast or do some other trick anyway?) to create a "fake zoom"
4. Only do so with red dot or the (future) Mk12 with fixed 2x zoom. So you avoid too much loss of quality

This would keep the frame rate only slightly below the unscoped one as there is no need to render the frame twice.

The C Programming Language: combines the flexibility of assembly language with the power of assembly language.
2014-01-04, 01:28 PM
What the BF2 mod did when I helped test with them was use a "digital zoom" of the current FOV in order to create a 3D scope. According to them, this helped with framerates since it wasn't true dual rendering. The problem of course was the lower quality view inside the scope. However, for me and my Pentium dual core laptop, this made RAM use double, to the point where I couldnt play from the lag.

If a system to create a 3D scope was added to ACR, I will edit the current scope so that the white marks look slightly green for a glow in the dark look so that it looks realistic in dark maps.

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2014-01-04, 02:16 PM
Well, that digital zoom is exactly what I mean. I dont see any problems with the ram as ACR generally uses not too much of it. Anyway, if you have 600x600 pixel @ 32 bit per pixel and load all of them into ram, you would have ~1.4Mb.

The C Programming Language: combines the flexibility of assembly language with the power of assembly language.
2014-01-04, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 2014-01-05, 12:39 AM by DeltaStrikeOp.)
Oh... LOL now i get what you mean by resizing. sounds like a plan! if it doesnt increase RAM use too much

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2014-01-05, 03:22 PM
RE: New Scopes
PSO-1 Scope is done and uploaded! Sorry, the other model was missing a detail (lol, im a perfectionist at heart)

[Image: scope_zps99645e9a.png]

[Image: PSO_zpsf6ff635a.png]

The PSO-1 scope was used on the Dragunov sniper rifle. The PSO-1 scope was the most advanced scope that was mass produced at the time of its introduction.

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"