2013-11-13, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 2013-11-13, 04:21 PM by dm.mossberg590a1.)
RE: AC 1.2
1. w00pLucas, since the actual name is ACR Armory, I think its a bug that the title says AssaultCube Reloaded Akimbo since Armory != Akimbo. Also, the websites look a lot different and ACR Armory actually has a chatbox which is something that your Akimbo doesn't have.

2. Last time you came here you were asking for people's IPs and bashing ACR. Now this time you come here asking for people's IPs and bashing ACR. It's not Victor's propaganda, it's assumption based on past experience. If you made ONE post that actually contributed to ACR as a game, then I would not assume this.

3. I'm not getting into this whole IP address girl fight, but you could easily get IP addresses by actually playing ACR so I don't see a problem with giving it through PM. I'm pretty sure the guy who threatened to hack was just trolling though.

4. If you want ACR to cooperate, you should let our members join AC forums instead of blocking them.

[Image: name_zps459dc421.gif]
[Image: cooltext1206791925_zps58ab60b5.gif]

"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off." - Bjarne Stroustrup
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2013-11-13, 06:36 PM
(2013-11-13, 02:14 PM)w00p|Lucas Wrote: so you're fine with people stealing names and stuff like that. people doing hot linking, stealing your forum scheme, etc.
you're not that stupid, you know what their goal was when they copied akimbo.
No one stole anything. You still have the capacity to use the name Akimbo, you still have the capacity provide the type of service both sites do, and you still have the capacity to compete with all comers. Please, do tell what this "goal" was that we're clearly feigning ignorance of.

(2013-11-13, 02:14 PM)w00p|Lucas Wrote: also the IP has nothing with ddos, it's about _hacking_ and the goal is not really to prevent attacks but to IDENTIFY who threatened to do it, as it IS illegal.
So for the 487481728482 th time, it has nothing todo with DDoS. with an IP and the date it was used you can track who was behind it. that's all.
but again you know it, you're trolling again.
You're free to hire a lawyer and get a subpoena. No one is trolling you. A privacy policy is a civil contract, which the people who manage this forum have agreed to abide by provided the users of this forum do in kind. So kindly fuck off with the implications of legal threats that will never be fulfilled.

(2013-11-13, 02:14 PM)w00p|Lucas Wrote: and yes, if someone had threatened to do illegal stuff on akimbo or assaultcube i would have game details to the potential victim. Anyway, if for some reasons an investigation is going on, you have to do it.
My experience with this community has been that we don't do witch hunts here. It'll take more than a "threat," a "potential victim," and a whiny individual trying to employ cowboy justice to change that. I'm glad we agree that once an investigation by the proper legal authorities takes place, the people who manage these forums will have to comply. If only you'd start acting like you actually believe that.

(2013-11-13, 02:14 PM)w00p|Lucas Wrote: i don't think i insulted many people here, maybe i did it toward those who crashed my servers, violated licenses, or threatened to hack my work. doesn't mean i'm a terrible person.
No one here crashed your servers, violated licenses that you have any involvement in, or "hacked your work," whatever that's supposed to mean. You're not a terrible person, either. You're just acting terribly.

(2013-11-13, 02:14 PM)w00p|Lucas Wrote: regarding your post, forumlurker007, i suggest that you go back lurking. that was quite irrelevant and pointless.
No, it wasn't pointless. It made you look like an fool in a way you apparently found indefensible.
2013-11-14, 10:29 AM
1. Come on everyone, calm down. It's a game.

2. I myself like both games, but as I like the mods ACR did, I am posting in this forum. My own decision. I have even hosted an AC server for some time on my pc. But accept that I will defend ACR here, although I think some people here are not as polite as they should be, too. Again, look at 1.

3. Yes ACR-Armory is inspired by Akimbo (imo). But I think you were not the first game community that created a forum to change mods. Any copyright issues are not the admin's fault, so if you think someone there has stolen his mods from you, say it. I'll delete or block it, promise. All in all: You had a good idea, Akimbo is a great site, but blaming us to do the same would be like blaming f.e. Ford to steal their ideas from f.e. Mercedes as they both build cars with four wheels, a motor and maybe windows...
Any occurence of the term "Akimbo" should not be there and if you tell me where it is I'll replace it immediately. If you want to I can even make a link like "some people might think it is like ACR's version of [Akimbo]". But that's it.

4. The hacking stuff: I promise I did not even touch your hp. I can't speak for other people. Although I would not have a problem with telling you my ip, every not completely stupid hacker would use some proxies and/or changing his ip differently. So come down. All of you.

5. If Victor or everyone else crashed your server, tell it and add some proofs. If you have some screenshots or sth like this, have fun to ban him/her/everyone. Same with "our" game, there are some people giving themself racist, stupid, violating etc names and crashing other servers. If someone changes his name to rXn and crahes your server, tell me, I'll try to provide you some details/logs of my ip/pc/whatever. Again, I can't speak for others.

6. I know you say you were/are not part of the AC people that instantly ban ACR players from their forum/servers. Anyway, the fact some people do that is stupid and useless and maybe even harmful to the devellopment of the game bc some people are hating AC from the first moment and will never contribute. So understand this as a suggestion: Please talk to some people so that we could join your forums, too, as long as we do not clearly violate your forum rules. Well, and most of the Acr-Armory mods should be free to use in AC, too.

The C Programming Language: combines the flexibility of assembly language with the power of assembly language.
2013-11-14, 12:45 PM
I say things out loud like I see them.Lucas can go fuck herself and Cleaner too.ACR is just a fork to AC and its going well IMO.AC should be proud if someone's making a fork of it,isn't it showing how good is AC.Still,AC isn't the best game ever and we here try to make the fork better.If Cleaner is too jealous that ACR is going well,why wont she kill herself????

[Image: 3SVsNlV.png]
2013-11-14, 04:29 PM
I've made an offer for you (AC) to PM me, and I'd identify the user of an IP if it was used to hack you, but you've not yet sent anything.

(2013-08-09, 01:08 PM)Victor Wrote: ...
Also, if you were to be hacked (that's very unlikely), we'd probably be (completely out of our kindness) willing to compare his IP with the IP that hacked your forum, without releasing his IP. Basically, you send the IP that you think is responsible for the hack, and I tell you if it belongs to anyone on the ACR forum, and if so, whom it belongs to.

This way, I'd know that you have a valid reason to get the information.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2013-11-15, 03:54 AM
Quote:RE: AC 1.2
I say things out loud like I see them.Lucas can go fuck herself and Cleaner too.ACR is just a fork to AC and its going well IMO.AC should be proud if someone's making a fork of it,isn't it showing how good is AC.Still,AC isn't the best game ever and we here try to make the fork better.If Cleaner is too jealous that ACR is going well,why wont she kill herself????

Precisely! Fork always mutually enrich both products. Provided that there are no restrictions on the mutual constraint game resources and code.
This is well illustrated by the example of the development of modern mods for Doom. Mod brutal doom took a lot of things from his predecessors, without the work of all the different people, there would be this game.
2013-11-16, 12:54 AM
1. I was not coming here for this IP issue. So don't bring it again and again for pages. I consider it as trolling, as it's clearly intended to elude the other problems
2. My intention was not to hurt players of this game, those who did something bad know who they are.
3. I'm happy with people modding and stuff like that; (i wouldn't have spent so much time on akimbo otherwise).
I'm not happy when people use your name to get more traffic and appear in google results when someone searches your site. How the hell could that akimbo thing be a bug ? Also it was still not changed. So it's definitely not a bug. By the way, i saw on the forums that people were suggesting to call it "Akimbo" actually. What a shame. Not saying that it is illegal. But it's pathetic.

Victor : i did not PM you because it's not a satisfying answer AT ALL. If i get "hacked" it won't be from his IP. I had asked for his IP, just to have a track in case of problem.

Also, yes, victor is known to crash servers. He is not even denying it;
Also, it's incredible how some here are intolerant when i come to talk about things like "stop threatening to hack us", "stop saying you "won" when we get ddosed", "stop making games/sites stealing our names", but really tolerant with epiczombie posts which consist in "i'll hack akimbo", or in his last post, "cleaner should kill herself". So i'm not sure to be the guy acting terribly.
2013-11-16, 03:12 AM
Stop fucking around in this forum.Why the fuck would you care what armory is called.I accidentaly inserted the name as ACR Akimbo wheen I made it.I cant change it anymore.Just leave us and mind Your own business!

[Image: 3SVsNlV.png]
2013-11-16, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 2013-11-16, 11:09 AM by rXn.)
Quote:I'm not happy when people use your name to get more traffic and appear in google results when someone searches your site. How the hell could that akimbo thing be a bug ? Also it was still not changed. So it's definitely not a bug. By the way, i saw on the forums that people were suggesting to call it "Akimbo" actually. What a shame. Not saying that it is illegal. But it's pathetic.
Somehow you are right, but as 1. it was a mistake and is hard to change and 2. all mods could be used for ac, too, live with it (or suggest how it can be removed without deleting all the content :| )

Quote:Also, yes, victor is known to crash servers. He is not even denying it;
Not my/our problem?! Blame Victor, not anyone else.

Quote:"cleaner should kill herself"
I know, I know, freedom of speech, but for me it would be enough if he forgot the words "ACR" and "sucks" and so on...

So
Quote:1. Come on everyone, calm down. It's a game.
!!
That's really enough said as long as there is nothing new bout that topic.

The C Programming Language: combines the flexibility of assembly language with the power of assembly language.
2013-11-16, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 2013-11-16, 12:08 PM by dm.mossberg590a1.)
This is pretty much the final page.Still,if finding any bug,please contact the Admin or rXn here,or PM xdEpicZombie or rXn here: http://forum.acr.victorz.ca/

This is what is says if there is a problem in the site, it does NOT say make a post bemoaning how all ACR players are out to get you and the history of AC/ACR relations. If you PMed both rXn and xdEpicZombie and had been rejected, then you can post, but I doubt you did since rXn said he would fix any bug in the site. Not only that, you started talking about past stuff like the whole IP address issue to throw people off.

@rXn, fix this
Code:
<meta name="title" content="Free forum : AssaultCube Reloaded Akimbo" /><link rel="stylesheet" href="/25-ltr.css" type="text/css" /><link rel="search" type="application/opensearchdescription+xml" href="/improvedsearch.xml" title="AssaultCube Reloaded Armory" />
to this
Code:
<meta name="title" content="Free forum : AssaultCube Reloaded Armory" /><link rel="stylesheet" href="/25-ltr.css" type="text/css" /><link rel="search" type="application/opensearchdescription+xml" href="/improvedsearch.xml" title="AssaultCube Reloaded Armory" />

EDIT: It says AssaultCube Reloaded Armory now. Happy?

[Image: name_zps459dc421.gif]
[Image: cooltext1206791925_zps58ab60b5.gif]

"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off." - Bjarne Stroustrup