2013-11-10, 03:47 PM (This post was last modified: 2013-11-10, 03:53 PM by DeltaStrikeOp.)
RE: AC 1.2
hey lucas,

Thanks for coming to check here only when your servers are down just because you think we did it. Yeah, makes me feel a lot better about this whole issue.

If I asked you for your IP, would you give it to me? Just asking. I don't have any malicious attempt, I should be able to request your IP too, right?

Also, thanks for banning me from your forums, Lucas. I have not nor ever will ever agitate or strain relations with AC, yet I get banned just for trying to make an account on your servers. Back to your quote, "ball is in your court". What was the reason for my ban? This sounds almost like a dictatorial rule you guys have over in AC. I don't get to appeal my ban even though I have done nothing wrong?

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2013-11-11, 01:16 AM
1. I already said i was not here because i thought you took down our servers. I don't. I said it in this same topic. So you're trolling

2. Did I ban you ? i don't think so.
but since you're trying to steal akimbo's work, well i think you do deserve a ban.
what a shame. you don't realize you're copying in such a ridiculous and stupid manner ?

don't try to return the fault on me, you're clearly doing something wrong and need to fix it. your behavior is disgusting.
2013-11-11, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 2013-11-12, 12:49 PM by DeltaStrikeOp.)
Hi Lucas,

Your intentions are not very sound. After a very prolonged period of inactivity, you come here again. Surely there must be a reason. How can I troll? I am simply a player of ACR. So I instantly get your hate for being an ACR player? Geez. That's like instantly stereotyping someone just because they play Call of Duty. I have done nothing to you nor AC.

I did not create the Armory. I did nothing that deserved a ban on your forums. The only thing AC has created from a ban on me is simply give me more reasons to dislike your game. But, I can't even play the game, so I really can't judge, so I will remain neutral.

Please extrapolate on what I am doing wrong and what part of my behavior is disgusting. note that I have not flung any insults in my posts, unlike you Lucas, who instantly insults everyone in ACR. That was my first reply to you, and yet I am treated with hostility. Oookay.

Please answer the question. If I asked you for your IP, would you give it to me? Just asking. I don't have any malicious attempt, I should be able to request your IP too, right?

But hey, I'm still a very open minded person. Thanks for the reply. I will be waiting for your reply. Bear in mind that I am only a player of ACR, not a developer nor contributor, just in case you didn't know.

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2013-11-13, 01:03 AM (This post was last modified: 2013-11-13, 01:03 AM by forumlurker007.)
Hooray for typical AssaultCube developers that don't understand that copying is the sincerest form of flattery.

And who don't understand the basics of copyright and trademark law.

And who don't understand that... wait you pissed someone off so bad they DDoSed you? Uncanny.
2013-11-13, 09:13 AM (This post was last modified: 2013-11-13, 09:26 AM by dm.mossberg590a1.)
When is Facebook going to get taken down because it was "copying" MySpace???

If there is akimbo anywhere in the site, that's a bug in the site that would be fixed eventually without your complaining. Did you just come here to troll? It seems like this thing happens every couple months where you come in to remind everyone Victor was a cheater and thus you need everyone's IP address.

[Image: name_zps459dc421.gif]
[Image: cooltext1206791925_zps58ab60b5.gif]

"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off." - Bjarne Stroustrup
2013-11-13, 12:06 PM
A says something that has nothing to do with DDOS
B says "hey your accusing us of ddos"
A says no
C comes and say "hey your accusing us of ddos"

C is trolling or not reading post or an idiot. sounds clear enough

Am i constantly insulting people ? No.
Am i always asking for players IPs ? i see victor's propaganda is quite effective.
someone threatened to hack the website i run and i asked his IP. Do you find it excessive ? are you _serious_ ? ....

Someone is copying akimbo (well lamely attempts to do it and fail miserably), and ITS NAME. You still don't get that the goal was just to copy ? Calling it a bug is either trolling or being very, very naive.

Also, violating licenses has nothing "flattering". It's illegal and a pain in the ass. I tell you : we're pissed. It's not the first time there are issues of this kind. And you still don't get it.

It's terrible. I'm not trolling, just trying to get my rights respected.

I asked only 1 guy IP address because he had threatened to hack a site i host, maintain and code for. Does it make me a terrible person ?

I came here for solutions, but you're encouraging people to try to take AC down or hack it. Doesn't mean you're doing it yourself, but show how disrespectful you are.

Note: i never banned someone for being an ACR player, i never blamed ACR for what is was. I just came here for solutions and you got mad at me and proved me by yourself you were taking it as a competition between two concurrent games. Like the guy who said "we finally won" on these forums mentioning the ddos attacks we ahd to deal with. SO kind. So stupid. But yeah. The terrible guy is me. Because when we try to hack me i try to know who is doing it. makes sense..

pff.
2013-11-13, 01:17 PM
1.) Akimbo is not an AssaultCube term, nor is it a registered trademark of your non-legal-entity Rabid Viper Productions.

2.) Your "rights" are being respected. Code you have contributed to AssaultCube is not being used in AssaultCube Reloaded, and even if it were- that's the point of the license AssaultCube's code is released under. To benefit the surrounding communities. People in the various AssaultCube communities seem to live in this bizarre copyright world where the author determines everything that can be done with his/her contributions on a case-by-case basis. That's not the way AssaultCube is licensed.

3.) Having the IP address of someone on the internet that hinted they may DDoS you does not help you combat the DDoS; no one can DDoS you from one host, nor would they DDoS you from a host with their name attached to it. You were just looking for an IP address to add to your various "Ban X from Having Anything to do with AssaultCube Ever Again" lists. It's a "cheating/map editing/unpleasant player" witch hunt, as is typical of AssaultCube's community.

4.) No one here has encouraged anyone here to take down or hack anything related to AssaultCube. One user made an angry comment, who was quickly told this isn't the place for that kind of discussion and that no one here will help him.

5-infinity.) You didn't come here for solutions: you came here to penis measure.
2013-11-13, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 2013-11-13, 01:31 PM by DeltaStrikeOp.)
Lucas,

Stop making it seem like you're getting bullied by us. I actually was happy that you came here for talks. However, you immediately in the beginning were the one hurling insults.

You have been insulting people. I barely replied to your post, and I am met with open hostility.

You seem to like to not answer questions. I will post it again. Would you give me your IP address if I asked for it and gave you a valid reason? Simply stating that you want his IP because a member openly said that he "wanted" to hack you isn't a very valid reason for requesting for someone's IP.
Also, please tell me how my behavior is disgusting.

Bear in mind that only Victor and Ruler501 are developers. The rest of us in the forum are players who want to voice their concerns about this problem.

Also, there is no such thing as "Victor's propaganda". I don't know if you notice, but Victor rarely posts on the forum.

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2013-11-13, 02:14 PM
so you're fine with people stealing names and stuff like that. people doing hot linking, stealing your forum scheme, etc.
you're not that stupid, you know what their goal was when they copied akimbo.

also the IP has nothing with ddos, it's about _hacking_ and the goal is not really to prevent attacks but to IDENTIFY who threatened to do it, as it IS illegal.
So for the 487481728482 th time, it has nothing todo with DDoS. with an IP and the date it was used you can track who was behind it. that's all.
but again you know it, you're trolling again.

and yes, if someone had threatened to do illegal stuff on akimbo or assaultcube i would have game details to the potential victim. Anyway, if for some reasons an investigation is going on, you have to do it.

i don't think i insulted many people here, maybe i did it toward those who crashed my servers, violated licenses, or threatened to hack my work. doesn't mean i'm a terrible person.

regarding your post, forumlurker007, i suggest that you go back lurking. that was quite irrelevant and pointless.
2013-11-13, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 2013-11-13, 03:09 PM by camper.)
cough cough...
attack cube reloading?

AC developers are also against the use of their resources in the ACR? You can take away http://www.md2.sitters-electronics.nl/index.html