Weight system and changing the RPG
2013-08-30, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 2013-08-30, 09:24 PM by dm.mossberg590a1.)
Weight system and changing the RPG
I am going to implement a weight system and change the RPG.

For the weight system the weight will be determined 1. by the gun your holding right now, and 2. the guns you have.

Here are the loaded weights of all the guns that I coded:

Primaries:

Submachine gun: 6 lbs
Assault: 8.8 lbs (M16 loaded)
Assault2 (AK): 10.9 lbs
Bolt : 9 lbs (Weight of Remington 700 not Cheytac which is 30 something lbs)
Sniper (M21): 11.6 lbs
Sniper 2 (Barrett): 29.7 lbs
Battle (FN FAL): 11.5 lbs
Shotgun: 8.5 (Remington 1187 w/ .0625 for each shotgun shell)

Secondaries:

Pistol (Glock): 2 lbs
Pistol2 (M1911): 2.5 lbs
RPG (SMAW): 16.9 lbs

It might be nice to have it possible to not have either a secondary or a primary to save weight, for example if your using a Barrett you might not carry a secondary, but you can also just carry a Glock and no primary and be really fast.

I am also thinking of changing the RPG to have an explosion greater than a grenade but having the rocket be a projectile.

1. It takes .5 seconds after clicking the mouse before a rocket comes out.
2. The rocket is decently fast, but it is possible to be dodged from a distance.
3. The rocket will only arm its explosives after a long distance (like 20 meters), otherwise it is just a one hit kill if the rocket hits the torso of the enemy, with no explosion.
4. The rocket will be visible with the Visible perk making it easier to dodge.

So the RPG will be extremely dangerous to the people who want to use OP weapons that weigh them down like crazy like the battle rifle or light machine gun (might be added later) so they won't be able to move away to avoid the blast. Otherwise, it should be pretty simple to dodge the rocket. However, with the weight system you would have to be creative to save weight. It also makes the agile perk much more useful.

[Image: name_zps459dc421.gif]
[Image: cooltext1206791925_zps58ab60b5.gif]

"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off." - Bjarne Stroustrup
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2013-08-30, 07:02 PM
RE: Weight system and changing the RPG
Sounds like a great idea! I'm all for it

[Image: cooltext1205184320_zps17f1a4e2.gif]
2013-08-30, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 2013-08-30, 07:25 PM by DeltaStrikeOp.)
Hey look, the mighty weight system!

I support everything on the list! But the ARs seem to be too lightweight.

And look! The system of not equipping certain weapons in order to have a movement advantage! =D

Yeah, spotting RPGs would be cool, but they move too fast.

EDIT: Maybe add the real weapon weight for the "hardcore/milsim" mode.

oh, and btw, will this have that weight system where you run slower with a primary vs a knife?

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2013-08-30, 08:16 PM
Maybe I will make the AK47 heavier since its too op right now. But the M4 looks pretty good, maybe have more recoil now that it has a weight advantage?

"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off." - Bjarne Stroustrup
2013-08-30, 08:41 PM
Eh, recoil is perf IMO.

dude, the AK is the ultimate counter-RPG and counter-sniper rifle. I was playing with BART and his other friends and I was owning using the AK while they were trying to take me out using RPGs. What a bunch of campers

Seriously, that's how you know they're noobs, noob-RPGing and crouch camping in corners

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2013-08-30, 09:16 PM (This post was last modified: 2013-08-30, 09:23 PM by dm.mossberg590a1.)
I changed the weights...

DSO, all the weapons would not be op once this new weight system is made, so there is no need for "counter OP weapon with another OP weapon". The three OP weapons are AK47, Barrett, and RPG. I have nerfed all of them and the RPG would be completely different, able to be easily dodged by people who have light gear. The RPG will make quick work of those who think that they can ignore the weight system because as long as their weapon is OP, "they won't need to run for cover" and camp. I haven't coded it yet, but it should be dodgable by those packing as light as they can (submachine gun or M16 with Glock) at 20 meters but those packing battle rifles, RPGs, Barretts, and to some extent, AKs will have a harder time. I think <= 9 lbs for primary and <= 2.5 lbs for secondary would be the minimum weight required to easily dodge a RPG at exactly 20 meters. If you are closer though, you can jump closer so the rocket won't arm its explosives at that range.

EDIT: I might change the range of the RPG to 15 meters but still make it dodgeable. 20 meters seems a little extreme to me.

2013-08-31, 12:12 AM
RPG range needs to be <=10 because that is the size of maps we tend to play on. I think it should also be an instant kill if it hits torso/head and do a lot of damage if it hits legs.
2013-08-31, 12:17 AM
No I meant the range in which the rpg explodes, it can still be a one shot kill at ranges less than that, it just won't explode. If I make it explode in less than 10 meters then it won't be possible to dodge the rpg as easily, making it too overpowered imo.

2013-08-31, 09:29 AM
Weapons already have speed multipliers in ACR, but they do not make the difference seem very obvious.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2013-08-31, 11:58 AM
RPG's also have a timed fuse. It usually is for safety purposes so that the RPG won't cause collateral damage and failsafe purposes, but it has been exploited for use as an airburst grenade.

So i guess you should make the RPG explode after < or = 25m. Or something similar to that. The reason also why I suggest this is that RPGs are horribly inaccurate at long range, so the failsafe explosion would kinda mirror how horrible the RPG is in real life.

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"