2012-10-24, 11:06 AM
Ban
I am requesting the ban of a user that goes by the name Fat_Boy. for repeated abuse and bad language as well as attempted banning for no reason.
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2012-10-24, 11:26 AM
RE: Ban
Code:
Each thread MUST contain:

The name of the person or server to ban in the title
    IP or IP ranges (within reasonable ranges) 0.0.0.0/0 is unacceptable, if banning
    The IP range, if given, should be accurate to their ISP's block. For example, if he is in 0.0.0.1/24, but the ISP has the block of 0.0.0.0/16, post both.
    A reason
and please provide more information and evidence.
2012-10-24, 03:33 PM
Well, we can't ban without information, so this thread will be left open for you to enter the info.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2012-10-29, 04:33 PM
I think I ran into problems with him as well, he said I was cheating and voted to ban me when I simply had a high ping. My ping was high because I was attempting to play ACR in the car through my 3.5G phone.

I will keep an eye our for him.

(3.5G = 3G on an Android phone that has had virtually all bandwidth limitations removed, speeds sometimes up to 200 KBs)
2012-11-13, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 2012-11-13, 04:50 PM by Victor.)
Today, I noticed a high amount of immaturity. They (multiple players) banned me, but of course, I have auth.

For the Master-Server rules, they do not prohibit vote abuse except by admins, but I, representing the AssaultCube Reloaded Task Force, prohibit vote abuse, which is bannable by the Master-Server rules. I'm the only member of the ACR team who represents this issue, so 100% > 65%, and it takes effect.

But the solution is to fix this problem is by code, not by bans. By setting high kick/ban ratio requirements, vote abuse can be reduced, but the weak votes should be set higher.

For 2.5.6, I will be sure to increase weak ban votes to 90%, and weak kicks to 85%. I also need to make it only allow one kick/ban vote within a longer period of time.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)