Operation Promotion Aftermath
2012-06-15, 06:42 PM (This post was last modified: 2012-07-19, 04:19 PM by Victor.)
Operation Promotion Aftermath
Let's see the results

Intentional
1) More persons have learned about this game, and probably like it better than AC, if it have more players.
"it have" is past present subjunctive and shows counter-factuality desire. Perhaps pluperfect subjunctive would sound better "it had had", but the sentence is about the present.
2) The players had had some fun on the headshot server, but it was shut down.
"had had" is past perfect tense, which means that it should complement some past tense, "was", or act as pluperfect subjunctive as described above.
3) Continued distribution
We still provide the server here:
http://code.google.com/p/assaultcuber-pr...loads/list
and SSL https://code.google.com/p/assaultcuber-p...loads/list

Unintentional
4) Potential legal shit
Nightmare, under of alias of Grenade, sent DoS threats to them, which I and the rest of ACR are unaffiliated with.

5) Unproven quotes
Link via AC Forums Wrote:I talked to victorz just now, and he said he spammed the forums for publicty.
Prove it; I can't even prove that he said that, so how would he?
BTW: Learn to spell. It's "public-ity", not public-ty.

6) Actual potential legal shit
ShadowFlameZ via AC Forums Wrote:Somebody said something about ACR relicensing CoD stuff too.
Activision lawsuit against victorz?
Idk.
No, because we don't use enough of their stuff, and they wouldn't care.

EDIT: more follows

7) Their "licencing issues" excuse:

As of June 15, 2012, 21:13 -0600:

Notwithstanding the following, are there any real licencing issues? The answer is no.
Their code allows for modifications. The rest of their package allows its use. I contacted everyone who requested me to do so before using his textures/other assets. One of them even thanked me for contacting him.

What's left? The following is.

We will replace any asset upon complaint from its owners:
Code:
audio/music/ac.ogg - © 2005 Dietmar "DCP" Pier
misc/ - makkE
    bullethole.png
    scorch.png
misc/ - Infinity Ward
    eventicons*
    obit*
    waypoints* (except knife.png)
    damagedir.png
    *only portions of it
models/mapmodels/
    laptop1 - © 2004 JCDPC
    barrel_ice, tree_snow - © makKe
    Ventflap - DCP (unknown copyright status)
models/playermodels (models only, no skins) - HitmanDaz[MT] (Darren Pattenden)

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2012-06-15, 06:57 PM (This post was last modified: 2012-06-15, 07:04 PM by Nightmare.)
RE: Operation Promotion Aftermath
My part, if they try to sue me, for a non-happening DoS threat, you hereby have no part in it. Excluding you from all actions.

Still alive in 2021. Wish you all the best and I'll drop in every now and again.
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply