2012-01-01, 10:19 AM
Death cam
This is the camera that follows your killer. Many FPS has such effect (e.g. Counter Strike).

i think it is very easy to implement. if u want I'll make the patch.
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2012-01-01, 03:28 PM
RE: Death cam
I made code that makes the camera look at the killer, but does not follow them.

Please make a patch and I will include it. You should consider making it so that if you get headshot, it looks at your stain on the wall (the inverse direction, but does not follow).

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2012-01-02, 04:59 AM
but it woukd be better to have a killcam because then you can see how you get killed ...
2012-01-02, 11:54 AM
> but it woukd be better to have a killcam because then you can see how you get killed ...

Smth like flashback? I think it's hard to implement - client must record a demo and play part of it when somebody kills you.

>I made code that makes the camera look at the killer, but does not follow them.

Didn't noticed in previous release. Or you made it in SVN? Follow/look - just make a choice, AC already has "following" code - in spectator mode, DEATHCAM - just another spectator mode.

But if you already have deathcam code (look or follow) - it's very good news.
2012-01-02, 01:45 PM (This post was last modified: 2012-01-02, 02:23 PM by Victor.)
There is deathcam LOOK already attempted to be implemented (clientgame.cpp:200), but I commented out that block because it wasn't working. It doesn't follow the killer.

EDIT:

Too late for you... I already made a deathcam. It also has a switch with /deathcam [0/1].

Looks like this is the last feature to make it into 2.3.4.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2012-01-02, 04:03 PM (This post was last modified: 2012-01-02, 04:06 PM by RPG.)
To follow look at the player just use function vectoyawpitch in physics.cpp

smth like vectoyawpitch(vec, camera1->yaw, camera1->pitch);

Also you should see the spectator and camera code in rendergl.cpp.

the most important feature of release - the lack of crashes.
2012-01-02, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 2012-01-02, 04:26 PM by Victor.)
There is no vectoyawpitch(), but I made code for it.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
2012-01-03, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 2012-01-03, 03:49 PM by RPG.)
Strange... AC has this function.
I see the deathcam. i think there may be some improvements:

1. Stop looking when your killer is dead
2. Look on the player only for 3 seconds to avoid "spying".
2012-01-03, 07:08 PM
Maybe AC 1.0.4 doesn't have it...

I'm not sure, but maybe if I made it only look for 3 seconds, then there is no need to fix number 1.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
2012-01-04, 01:09 PM
> then there is no need to fix number 1
right. just do not look at the killer forever.