HUD and Icons - New Design Style?
2014-09-05, 08:38 PM
RE: HUD and Icons - New Design Style?
I'm going to revive this thread. The more I develop my icons, the more I feel they clash with the design of ACR's menus.
-------------------------------------------
Is it possible to change the background of ACR's menus? It's rather lazy IMO to stick with AC's default menu background textures. If anything, I suggest a semitransparent black background (which would require the background to be similar to a semi-opaque black .png image file. Is there a way that I can test this myself so that I can fine tune a potential candidate for replacement?

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2014-09-06, 03:02 PM
Change the menu background is already possible but only with jpg pictures. It's because the menu background picture, packages/textures/makke/menu.jpg, is hardcoded and impossible to change without recompile the game.

I hope it will become possible to set in a future version.

2014-09-06, 04:28 PM
I see it, thanks @asmanel.

Yeah, hopefully we can modify the menu texture in future releases to accept .png files

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2014-09-07, 10:22 AM
Transparent .png menu textures are implemented in 809d41016f35bee9aefa932feeab11506edfffb8.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2015-01-01, 10:36 AM
What about a Side inset Hud?
[Image: bf4-2014-08-10-18-07-18-34.jpg] it looks sweet and in acr it would pretty sweet to have it Smile side inset
and what happened to The grouped stuff?
Health
Ammo
Shield
Nades
? I have images of the respective pieces but I thought it was going to be uniied

God must love stupid people. He made so many.
->unknown

[Image: 8VEZK0Q.gif]