Server Privliges
2014-07-23, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 2014-07-23, 05:00 PM by ruler501.)
RE: Server Privliges
This will be changed in the upcoming 2.7 release.
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2014-07-23, 07:34 PM
In 2.6, there is a -k0 option to ignore master-server bans, so in 2.7, there will be another option to disable master-server auth.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2016-01-02, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 2016-01-02, 09:43 PM by Victor.)
This is an old thread, but I should mention a few things about this topic:
  • Other games (especially AssaultCube, Cube 2, Red Eclipse) force you to honor auth in your servers. If you don't, they ban your server.
  • We initially took their position, but we decided that a balance of AC 1.0 anarchy (server owners are responsible for banning cheaters) and AC 1.1/Cube 2 centralized administration (auth and centralized blacklist by default) is better.
    Now, on ACR, server owners can choose not to honor auth or to allow cheaters to remain.
  • Last year, ACR 2.6.2 added the option to disable master-server auth/blacklists. Server owners are responsible for banning cheaters if they use it.
  • ACR tolerates servers that allow cheating, but they must indicate that in the server description.
  • ACR auth didn't (and still doesn't) grant privileges immediately; it allows claiming with an empty password. When the privileges is claimed, the server logs another line.
  • (2014-07-23, 04:53 PM)Caruni Wrote: Other forum users don't have master privileges on my server. If they want to auth to show their forum account I don't care.

Actually, they had deban privileges as if they had a password in your server with privilege 0, which can bypass bans and the blacklist.

We should probably limit deban privileges to forum users registered for 1 week with at least 2 posts or something to prevent abuse.
Our master-server rules will be updated soon: deregulation will be the new master-server policy most of the time.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)