The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.10-2ubuntu1 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

AssaultCube Reloaded Forums
Negotiation with AC - Printable Version

+- AssaultCube Reloaded Forums (https://acrf.victorz.ca)
+-- Forum: AssaultCube Reloaded (https://acrf.victorz.ca/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://acrf.victorz.ca/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Negotiation with AC (/thread-333.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Negotiation with AC - Victor - 2012-06-16

As suggested by someone, I have asked AssaultCube why they hate this mod, and request information on why they hate us and think we are violating their licence.

Delivery Queue:
  1. I have created an account on the AC forums, and put the notification into the biography.
    It was redacted, but I reposted it once. This means that one admin or moderator has already read it.
  2. I should have notified all developers via PM on the AC forums, but it was not possible.
  3. I should have informed Jg99 as requested by Herobrine
  4. I should have posted to the AC forums, the entire message itself, unaltered, but after the above has been completed.
  5. I have contacted every op on their IRC channel, and posted a link to this post as well as an abstract of it.

This is the message that I have sent to them:
I Wrote:Subject: AC and ACR

To whom it may concern:

I, as a representative of AssaultCube Reloaded (hereafter "we, "us", "our name", "our game", etc.), am writing to you, an AssaultCube Developer (hereafter "you" as 2nd person singular), about AssaultCube (hereafter "AC", "you" as 2nd person plural, "your game", etc.) 's grudge against us as I was referred to you by Herobrine.

It has come to my attention that you are futilely attempting to hide our name. Google's autocomplete suggests our name if you type "AssaultCube" into the search box. Your attempts to prevent users from knowing about us are likely to waste their time, and does not benefit them in any way. That's what this project is all about, isn't it? We are to make the game better for our players.

In addition, you are misleading your users with false allegations of copyright infringement. We have listed all copyright issues in "packages/Licencing Issues.txt", starting from around our 2.3 distributions. Your code is licensed under the zLib licence, for which we abide with all its terms. The media's issues are listed in the aforementioned file, but we offer to immediately remove and replace any asset upon request by its owner. So far, the only requests we have received are concerning the entire package, which is not eligible under these conditions. If we have missed any, you are welcome to mention it to us, preferably through our forums. Please note that we are built on AC 1.0.4, so if you changed any licencing by 1.1, it does not apply here.

Your name is ineligible for copyright. If you know about Debian GNU/Linux, one might use your same logic and say that the Debian OS is infringing the rights of GNU and Linux's names, which is not the case.

In conclusion, we request you to:
  • Respond with the full description of why you dislike this mod
  • Cease to mislead your users with false allegations of copyright infringement
  • Not waste time trying to hide our name, AssaultCube Reloaded
  • Notify us of any copyright issues that we may have missed (probably not)

As I know, you are probably already prepared to ignore this message, so I ask you to reply at http://forum.acreloaded.tk/ within 7 days. I appreciate your prompt attention to this matter. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Victor

RE: [In Progress] Negotiation with AC - Nightmare - 2012-06-16

Looks, good. Though could you ask Jg99 for the "log files" of the server possibly portscanning, and hacking him?

RE: [In Progress] Negotiation with AC - Victor - 2012-06-16

They refused to reply, by 1) not activating the forum account, and 2) deleting the message from my profile.

This means that they admit we have no licensing issues, if they don't reply before the 24th.

So use a fake email(or use my junk mail: [email protected]) to join the forums, and a name like "John Doe" <- Not kidding.

I already used a legit email, and a legit name ("victorz"). If they want to do this, then we will assume that they have absolutely no problems with AssaultCube Reloaded.

Youre account says not activated.

All accounts must be activated by an admin before being allowed to send PMs/post/etc.

They obviously refused to activate mine, since someone else, who registered later than me, was activated.

Hmm, that must have been implemented a short time ago, my OLD account, Grenade, was not approved by an admin, or anything.

Yes, it was done recently after our "Operation Promotion" campaign.

I bet.