AssaultCube Reloaded Forums
Cross Bow, M4,M14, Katana, M67X - Printable Version

+- AssaultCube Reloaded Forums (https://acrf.victorz.ca)
+-- Forum: Modding (https://acrf.victorz.ca/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Modelling (https://acrf.victorz.ca/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Cross Bow, M4,M14, Katana, M67X (/thread-1410.html)

Cross Bow, M4,M14, Katana, M67X - Fru5tum - 2014-11-29

Well now that I have my flash drive i have all my old models C:

now to M4 is gunna have to be remodeled from scratch, i personally think it sucks; edges to sharp,wrong acog,no trigger.... etc etc etc etc etc. But im not giving up on him c;

[Image: JXdqgI3.jpg]

M14 is still a go, this and all my models where base modeled, so all my sides are flat, in other words the guns look blocky, but a couple sub divisions can easily fix it
M14 needs subd and new iron sights and perhaps a stand.... it is meant to replace m21
[Image: igkr0lP.jpg]

crossbow + explosive arrows = rpg mod
crossbow is my favorite cause its just beautiful >.< and yes its orginal -.- it needs better cables and a tiny bit of sub dividing but i think its moviving close to animation/texturing

[Image: mGD9pU5.jpg]

Katana
Katana is just about done, blade is too thick but that's too easy to fix, that'll probably be first to finish, animation will be cool and sound will be a japenese dude saying something like "YAWAAAAAa"

[Image: 24fdRrD.jpg]

M67X
m67 was a fuck up so i changed it to m67x, turned out to be another fuck up, i might just redo it or save it for game two.
[Image: TY44FeE.jpg]

Heal Gun and Mapping
healgun concept is pretty neat
im planning on starting the prison map again, and a hospital, as well as dock C;

RE: Cross Bow, M4,M14, Katana, M67X - -{ET}-xdEpicZombie - 2014-11-30

Could you post a download link so I could take a closer look

RE: Cross Bow, M4,M14, Katana, M67X - -{ET}-xdEpicZombie - 2014-11-30

BTW why did you take photos of the monitor,jus print screen and paste it to paint if you dont want to render with point lights and stuff.

RE: Cross Bow, M4,M14, Katana, M67X - Fru5tum - 2014-12-01

I will asap, and it takes way to much time to Copy screen->Paint->Save->open Firefox ->go to imgur->login->upload->link->put here
When with my phone I just take a picture,open the app,upload,link
But I will in the future,I noticed a few problems with them when I showed the beta test result pictures

And the heal gun needle is what I've made today

And a note about my models and there blocky apearence

I'm very use to subdivision, making mapmodels or games would a piece if cake for me (believe me there is a big differrence between but now and test models I made using subdivision (I'll get a couple pictures) I cannot use subdivision, or my weapon models vertex count exceeds 10k, and as far as I know thAt is not efficient, but if you tell me you use subdivision the I will start I'm sure leaving out a subdivided trigger would save me a full k or vertexs lol....
And all the hands in those are off of the ak47 model,
And epicz if you have not already, google MD3 export scripts for blender and gets those, now I can animate it without misfit and I can open that ak47 with ease
And FORGET UV unwrapping my models will not pull it off unless I spend 30 seconds on textures lol
Now, a couple questions for you
Do you use subdivision in blender? And if so which level 1-6 do you use?
Do you use misfit?
And what hands do you use?

RE: Cross Bow, M4,M14, Katana, M67X - -{ET}-xdEpicZombie - 2014-12-01

I dont use subdivision at all when it comes to weapon modeling.Waste of polys.If you want to give detail ehn just use loopcuts.I dont use misfit either becouse to me it looks like a crappy program.

RE: Cross Bow, M4,M14, Katana, M67X - Fru5tum - 2014-12-02

Ah, well I'll keep that in mind,
A few more if you don't mind?
Do you use a background image?
Can my models be of use if they exceed 10k vertices?
(I like loopcuts when it comes to subdivision c: )
And how are you uv mapping them?

RE: Cross Bow, M4,M14, Katana, M67X - -{ET}-xdEpicZombie - 2014-12-03

Your models should definitely not exceed 10k verts or polys.try to get it done with 2k-4k polys.
I do use background images,drag and drop to add,make sure you are in ortho view.UV Mapping isnt my strongest side but yeah you can uv map in blender.If you are using the latest blender version there's a tab on the left side of the screen "Shading/UVs".You'll find a thing called "mark seams".Seams are some edges that you choose and then mark(they turn red) which will be cut in order the program can render 2D image-a UV map.Fairly simple thing but is a pain in the ass if you are dealing with more complex models.

RE: Cross Bow, M4,M14, Katana, M67X - Fru5tum - 2014-12-03

Ah, mark seams has caught my eyes,
And less than 4k is fairly difficult for me