Record Gameplay epic spectator mode
Advertise server capacity
Advertise weapons with makers
Record in first person wider viewing angle
When recording disable HUD
Slow mode
Trick shots (hehe tricky)
Advertise maps
Credits need well thought out planing to ensure original ac doesn't copy aspects

God must love stupid people. He made so many.
->unknown

[Image: 8VEZK0Q.gif]
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2014-06-26, 08:25 PM
RE: New Assault Cube Reloaded Promo Vid
for recording gameplay in spectator mode, we should just use the in game 'demo' recording system

[Image: cooltext1203588761_zps9cfa0053.gif]
2014-06-26, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 2014-06-26, 08:33 PM by Fru5tum.)
Good idea

Dude do u have kik?

->unknown

2014-07-05, 11:41 AM
UPDATE->Song has been picked and I'm putting together a copyright notice in the description so when it's finished no copyright issues from using the song :>

->unknown

2014-07-05, 10:03 PM
(2014-07-05, 11:41 AM)Fru5trum Wrote: UPDATE->Song has been picked and I'm putting together a copyright notice in the description so when it's finished no copyright issues from using the song :>

What do you think you're going to type that isn't

A) going to get dinged by automated detection systems which don't care what you've written
B) going to get dinged by anyone doing manual reviews of videos who don't care what you've written because you're not their lawyer.
2014-07-06, 03:24 AM (This post was last modified: 2014-07-06, 03:25 AM by rXn.)
There's some nice music under CC-licence out there. If you take a look at some of the music other OS games use and search for the artists you often end up at free-to-use music archives. (to lazy to look for them now Tongue)

The C Programming Language: combines the flexibility of assembly language with the power of assembly language.
2014-07-06, 09:53 AM
For educational purposes I can use and display any for an amount no more than 30 seconds :> placing a notice in the description " note i do not own his song, it belongs to the orignial creators. If they have issues the song will immediatly be taken down with no argument" or something similar and as far as I know they don't have automated anymore just manual and they ussually only check it for fake accounts :> In other words that wont happen :> and Rxn I'll take a look at them :> I'm actually thinking of making a remix of all the avalible sounds in acr ^-^ I thought it would be nice and of course no copyright issues there?

->unknown

2014-07-06, 10:17 AM (This post was last modified: 2014-07-06, 10:20 AM by Victor.)
From my YouTube experience, if they issue a copyright takedown, you have to claim "fair use" of copyrighted material.

You should provide explanations for the criteria:
  1. The purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes
  2. The nature of the copyrighted work
  3. The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole
  4. The effect of the use upon the potential market for, or value of, the copyrighted work
Basically, you should answer these questions:
  1. Is your work non-profit/educational or for-profit?
    (non-profit if you don't monetize it)
  2. What is the type of the copyrighted work?
    (music)
  3. How much of the copyrighted work are you using? How much is that compared to the entire copyrighted work?
    (30 seconds out of a few minutes?)
  4. Will you cause the copyrighted work to lose profits?
    (probably not, or an insignificant amount)
Or you can avoid this by using free content.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2014-07-06, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 2014-07-06, 11:38 AM by Fru5tum.)
"Assault Cube Reloaded is a non-profit opensource first person shooter game. Our goal is to provide a alternative to high end games while still implementing your favourite attributes from various other games. This Trailer to the future 2.7 realease will show just a few of the many outstanding things in a 100 megabyte game. This trailer features a 37 second audio clip from the song " blah blah by blah blah " The associated song is used under fair use and belongs to the original owner. If requested by the owner, the song will immediately be taken down. We are not responsible and or promoting a decrease or increase in profit from the respective owner. We are not affiliated with the associated musician. Blah blah cool features blah blah)"

->unknown

2014-07-06, 09:19 PM
Entertainment is not a valid fair use criteria. Go find a song that allows derivative works instead. There are many, and will provide just as much value to your video since the focus isn't the background music but the gameplay footage- as clarified in your description.

Note that you can do whatever you want, I don't care about 30 seconds of a 4 minute song some rich studio exec is selling for $2.99. But it'll get auto-dinged.